Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 software update - version PC3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 software update - version PC3

Update is horrible. Stock messaging app won't open anymore.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

check the play store and make sure there arent any updates for it in there to make it compatible with the MM update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

It is the stock messaging app so not in playstore

Highlighted
GrandMaster

try again. all the built in apps are now being updated through the play store so there are no longer any issues with adding them into large updates etc..ALL the android devices are going this route now. less issues when it comes to actual phone updates..well hopefully less issues.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope not there

Highlighted
GrandMaster

restart the phone maybe to see if it kicks it through..as i was saying all the built in apps are now being updated through the play store. thats the only thing i can think of that would cause your issue. you can also try to clear the data and cache on the messaging app itself..just keep in mind that you will more than likely lose all the texts you have stored in there..you can rule out the app being the cause by downloading a different texting app and trying it out instead..recommended texting apps would be either textra, gosms or handcent.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have restarted it 3 times still nothing. How can I clean cache if it won't even open?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm now using GoSMS and it works fine.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

settings-apps-all (or however its set up for the Samsung line). you have to go into your phones settings then locate where the apps are through there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This damn update has slowed down my phone a lot. The messenger is super slow now. What a pain.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Crappy

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeah see so its the stock messaging app itself that is the cause. you should see a update at some point for the stock messaging app in the play store that will hopefully fix it..if not try out that new app..personally i havent ran the stock messaging app on any of my phones in years..i like the added notification options compared to the stock set up.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat