cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple sharing

Go to solution
Journeyman

Simple sharing

I do not have the ability to share large files anymore on my device. Was it taken away? If so is there a way to reverse it? I found the app on Google but it says my phone is no longer compatible...

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Re: Simple sharing

SHANIMIC3019

Thank you for reaching out to us. What's the make and model of your device? Let me know so I can further assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Samsung note 5

Journeyman

Model number sm-n920p

Master

Thank you for replying.

What is the name of the application you were using to share files?

What type of files did you use to share?

When did this issue begin?

Have you recently made any changes to the phone? (Software update, Master reset, etc.)

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It was something that came with the phone through samsung.. It was called simple share.. You could share large files through their server and send it to anyone... Videos, music, whatever was over the text message limit.. The recipient would get a link and they have to enter the last 4 digits of their phone number to retrieve the files.. The link was only active for 24 hours.. I'm not sure when it went away but I did just have a software update about a week ago

Journeyman

My brother has the galaxy s7 and he still has the capability on his phone.. I can receive a file but can't send one

Sprint Social Care

SHANIMIC3019

Are you able to send regular messages? Can you also please try to share something with your own number? Send a message to your own number and let me know if it goes thru. Also check if Enhanced Messaging is on.

Enable Enhanced Messaging

1. From home, tap Apps all apps icon > Messages messages app icon.
  2. Tap More > Settings > Enhanced messaging.

screenshot of enhanced messaging on
  3. Tap On/Off to enable Enhance messaging.
  4. Set options:
  • Image resize: Set the standard size of images sent with Enhanced messages.
  • Send as SMS/MMS messages: Send your Enhanced messaging messages as text or multimedia messages when Enhanced messaging is unavailable.
  • Registered information: View and set the registered information for your phone number.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can send regular text messages just fine.. Enhanced messages is not turned on.. I've never used that function.. The simple share function automatically came up as an option when choosing to send pictures or videos through regular txt message.

Journeyman

This is the message you get when someone sends a large file through simple share

A file has been shared via Simple sharing:

[inappropriate link removed]

Journeyman

So Noone knows about this feature on new Samsung phones??? should I contact samsung?

Master

The link has been removed.

Click here to send me a private message. Please include your name, Sprint phone number and the message that you get when you attempt to share a large file.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat