Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk and Sur on the Note 5?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Talk and Sur on the Note 5?

I noticed that we weren't able to talk and surf on the Note 4.  Will we be able to on the Note 5?

17 REPLIES 17
GrandMaster

Re: Talk and Sur on the Note 5?

unless they deploy VoLTE i highly doubt it..might as well figure all phones from this point on will be tri band devices which due to the way the antennas are set up cant do this...VoLTE is the only fix for it im afraid.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

And that's still only a dream, unfortunately. Man, it kind of makes me miss my old problematic LTEVO... Even with its issues, still had that surf while talking thing going for it. This is where I reminisce with a dramatic face and a single, manly tear running down my right cheek. Staring off into the distance, and a wind blowing directly across my face, with one fist clenched tightly. Or, maybe I've watched one too many cartoons and movies.

GrandMaster

I blame family guy for my faults. And I do miss that ability on my M7 but oddly though I can't think of a single time with my last 2 devices that I've actually needed it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Yes, Family Guy! I actually used the term "grinds my gears" the other day... Anyway, that's a good point, not needing the simultaneous talk and surf. I've only needed it maybe three or four times in the past few years, myself. I guess it would benefit folks that conduct all of their business by cell phone more than those of us who just talk and play games or music. And search Bing all day for new gadgets.

Wizard

The lack of voice/data at the same time is the reason I moved my line to another provider.

Journeyman

Well if this phone can't talk and surf without wifi then it's pointless to buy this phone! I'm not sitting in a wifi environment I'm mobile all day.

Journeyman

In looking at the specs of the phone I did not notice it said the device is a "spark" device. If you look at other phones they specifically list "Spark" Might have to wait and see

The Note 5 is definitely Spark capable. It doesn't say so on the packaging, but it does say so in the little quick start manual that comes with it. Got mine yesterday, it's beautiful. As for Sprint's new devices, they're all tri-band, to the best of my knowledge. That means Spark capability, and unfortunately, no talk and text or surf. I'm sure this will be the norm for quite some time. I've never even experienced Spark yet, but I'd like to give it a go. Beats the heck out of slower-than-3G LTE speeds. I'm jelly of those that can access it.

GrandMaster

where do you live again? im sure this isnt the first time i have asked this in all the time you have posted in here lol.

Oh yeah, I'm still out in southeastern Louisiana. About thirty minutes outside of New Orleans. This not-so-little town has been growing by leaps and bounds, and there are five towers within a one and a half mile radius as of yet. Some of the trees are gone now. I'd love to move, really. Just can't seem to get it all together yet. I'm sick of the muggies.

GrandMaster

lol...Nawlins..i want to go there with the  fam..mainly just for the food lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat