cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message read receipt

Go to solution
Journeyman

Text message read receipt

How do you turn on the message read receipt for the note 5.... my friend has the 4 and another has the 5 both tmobile and they have the option to turn this feature, and they can see if the person had read their messages. Did sprint take this feature away from their note 5?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Text message read receipt

It's not a feature of the device, example Note 5, it is a feature on T-mobile network. I'd have to look but they may be utilizing the RCS platform. Can't remember.

Anyway, Sprint doesn't have it and may not until they launch their own VOLTE in two years.

Maybe use a different app to do the same thing....Hangouts, BBM, WhatsApp, Viper, on and on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, tho it isn't the answer I had hoped for, I do understand. Another reason to add to my list of why I dislike Sprint.

Journeyman

It actually is a feature available on the Sprint Note 5, you have turn on Enhanced Messaging within the Messages App.  It only works between other users that have enhanced messaging turned on but it lets you know what time the recipient read your text. It also allows you to send full size attachments. 

Journeyman

Wow I wondered what that was for thank you!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat