Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

I have reached out to Sprint customer service and tried to get my Note 5 unlocked for domestic use. I got a code from them, but when I am inserting a GSM sim I am getting invalid sim error. The phone is not prompting me for code. It's been over 2 weeks I am trying. Can someone please help me?

24 REPLIES 24
Master

Re: Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

Hi krishna0107. I will be happy to assist you with this. If the device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, it means that it is a Domestic SIM Unlock (DSU) capable device, therefore, we can submit the unlock request on our end if the device is eligible.

The MSL is for device that are not DSU capable.

Please reply to the private message I sent you and I can help you out.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Hi,

First of all I want to thank Jeffrey to call me and help me getting this fix in no time. 

Here is what I learned.

1. Sprint phone can not be unlocked if it is not in service. So if you are planning to change the phone (upgrade) and want the old phone to be unlocked, first get your phone unlocked, then switch the phone.

2. If you have already switched it, then get the phone activated temporarily on Sprint network and then get it unlocked for domestic use.

I have 3 lines on my account so Jeffery temporarily switched one line to my Note 5 and then performed unlock one more time and that is what was needed. I did not even had to punch the code I got from customer service. 

Hope others will find this useful.

Thank you Jeffery one more time for your help. You are a star. 

Regards, 

Krishna Nag

Journeyman

Would have been nice if they had told me that before I disconnected service with them.

Sprint Social Care

juanitachristia

For inactive devices, you can request your DSU-capable device be unlocked and may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Additional validation may be required to ensure eligibility. Do you still have the Sprint device? What's the make and model of the Sprint device? Please click here for more details about our Unlock Policy.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It is a Galaxy note 5

@Sprint_Carlos wrote:

juanitachristia

For inactive devices, you can request your DSU-capable device be unlocked and may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Additional validation may be required to ensure eligibility. Do you still have the Sprint device? What's the make and model of the Sprint device? Please click here for more details about our Unlock Policy.

It is a Samsung Galaxy note 5 and yes I still have it

Journeyman

I have already talked to Sprint a couple of times. They assured me that they unlocked it but when I put a new sim card in it I get a message saying invalid sim card

Sprint Social Care

juanitachristia, have you attempted to perform a master reset on the phone before inserting the SIM card? If not, back up your information and click here to know how to perform the master reset. Also, send me a Private Message with the MEID of the device in question to confirm it is unlocked. Just click on my name and select "send a message".

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have called customer care several times  myself. And every time they performed unlock. But since the phone was not in service it did not worked. Finally I got my solution here.

Journeyman

Msg sent
Sprint Social Care

juanitachristia, thanks for the info, I saw your Private Message and I replied to it.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too have the same issue, I moved from sprint have called customer care multiple times but still not able to unlock the phone. What need to be done in order to unlock it, can you please help?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat