Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

I have reached out to Sprint customer service and tried to get my Note 5 unlocked for domestic use. I got a code from them, but when I am inserting a GSM sim I am getting invalid sim error. The phone is not prompting me for code. It's been over 2 weeks I am trying. Can someone please help me?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

I really wish someone would have rold me this sooner, i have been without a phone for a week now and i am so upset. SPRINT will not unlock my phone it is a tixket after a ticket and still no umlocked phone. I am so mad bwcause they question me on what i want to do with my phonw when it get unlocked. It is not Sprints concern anymore once I payed that huge fee to keep my phone. NOW THEY WILL NOT ONLOCK IT WOW SPRINT.

Highlighted

This is the problem I keep having and what frustrates me is I'm not even leaving Sprint! I bought a new phone and new lease with them and just wanted to give my completely paid off Note 5 phone to a sibling and Sprint has told me 3 times it's unlocked, but we've tried 2 different working sim cards for different carriers in my Note and it won't accept them.

Highlighted

For those of you that your phone is already unlocked and it not working in another carrier, try the following:

• Switch the connection setting from Automatic to LTE and connect the phone to Wi-Fi.
  • Press the 'update UICC' setting under Settings, phone update. The phone will restart and after that, should be unlocked.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Do you mean Uicc Unlock in System Updates?

I did that but I get error

The profile update could not be completed .Please try later.

Internal Error (407)

Highlighted

Did you make sure you did it while connected to Wi-Fi?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Yes
Highlighted

Can you please try power cycling your device and inserting the new SIM card?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I did, I tried but receiving the same error.
Highlighted

That's really odd, the same workaround worked for another customer who was having the same issue. Let's confirm that the device is fully unlocked in our system. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I am very interested in the solution.  I am having exactly the same issue.  Been told several times the device is unlocked, but get invalid sim when trying a different sim.

Highlighted

Hello alhale615. Sorry you are having issues with unlocking the device. Remember that Unlocking a device simply means overriding operational parameters restricting the device to operating on Sprint's network.

Even if unlocked, either through an MSL unlock code or a DSU unlock, Sprint devices may not work on another

carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies

and network compatibilities. Additionally, Sprint devices, which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's

network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings, may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Let's try some troubleshooting. Have you tried resetting the network settings? Try this:

• From the Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Backup and reset. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  • Tap Reset network settings.
  • Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  • If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Tried that again now. No joy. Still will not recognize the new sim card. Reboots to a "invalid sim card" error.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat