cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 5 touch issues

Journeyman

note 5 touch issues

So I've had my note 5 for a Lil over a month and I can only operate it with the s pen how do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: note 5 touch issues

Poke around in the Accessibility menu of settings.  See if anything is inadvertently turned on.  There are a lot of settings in there that can be enabled.  Actually some really useful stuff too I had no idea about until you posted this problem.

If that fails, try to clear the cache from the recovery menu. Or try to boot into safe mode and see if it's doing it there:

Instructions are posted here: http://thedroidguy.com/2015/08/how-to-boot-samsung-galaxy-note-5-in-safe-mode-wipe-cache-partition-p...

Let me know if these don't solve it. One of these might fix your issue though.  If not, you'll have to head to a Sprint Store and have them check it out.

Journeyman

If that Don't work do a factory reset

Journeyman

Uninstall Facebook Messenger too

Journeyman

I'm just having screen issues with the top left. For example. When trying to delete a bunch of Text messages. I open it up tap MORE select DELETE. As I go to touch the ALL box on the top left. It doesn't respond.

And in other screens. I'm unable to touch the BACK arrow. And have to close out of the App screen.

A device reboot works but I shouldn't have to reset my phone 3-4 times a day. Because the top left corner goes to sleep.

Any ideas?

Galaxy Note 5

GrandMaster

take it into a repair store. they will need to have hands on with it to see what is going on. when you restart the phone does that top corner start working for a lil bit? it might end up being a dead spot on the screen itself but they have ways of testing this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat