cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/25 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) - L710VPBLJ7

Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) - L710VPLJ7

Anyone got this OTA update yet?

Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) - L710VPLJ7

if its like when they pushed ICS for the gs2 then you could be waiting for a few weeks took me over a month to get it and the upgrade tanked my phone from a good phone to a pile of crap phone. i upgraded to the gs3 hoping they wouldnt try and update the OS anytime soon and here we are again. I like the way my phone is now so i probably wont download the upgrade until they fix all the bugs im sure it will have. 

Journeyman

Dont get me wrong I am greatful that I have CM10 with 4.1.2. 

Anyway: http://www.androidauthority.com/android-4-1-2-update-with-multi-window-samsung-galaxy-s3-125785/

I hope Samsung/Sprint releases this for the Galaxy S3 ....but by that time 4.1.3+ will be out lol...so sad...

Journeyman

I wouldnt mind multi window. Multi task even more.

Wizard

Tical2000T wrote:

Anyway: http://www.androidauthority.com/android-4-1-2-update-with-multi-window-samsung-galaxy-s3-125785/

I hope Samsung/Sprint releases this for the Galaxy S3 ....but by that time 4.1.3+ will be out lol...so sad...

by Monday, 4.2.0 will be out when the Nexus 4 is announced.  There's always the next best thing out there and it will always be that way with Android....always pushing the envelope.  Hopefully, Google's sdk for OEMs upgrades that was announced with Jelly Bean will expedite this in the future.  4.1.1 is quite a treat and large upgrade over 4.0.4, 4.1.2 doesn't really bring much else to the game....mainly bug fixes and not features.  So no need to want for something that isn't all that exciting.  Who knows what Monday will bring......

Anyone that gets this update, please post what your baseband reads in the About Phone menu in Settings.

Journeyman

So why Im not getting the updated Jelly beands yet?  Is it after certain time only?

Journeyman

mmark27_ wrote:

Tical2000T wrote:

by Monday, 4.2.0 will be out when the Nexus 4 is announced.  There's always the next best thing out there and it will always be that way with Android....always pushing the envelope.  Hopefully, Google's sdk for OEMs upgrades that was announced with Jelly Bean will expedite this in the future.  4.1.1 is quite a treat and large upgrade over 4.0.4, 4.1.2 doesn't really bring much else to the game....mainly bug fixes and not features.  So no need to want for something that isn't all that exciting.  Who knows what Monday will bring......

Anyone that gets this update, please post what your baseband reads in the About Phone menu in Settings.

Yes I agree.  I guess its just how Android is.  If you want the latest updates use CM10 or get a Nexus phone.  Unfortunately by using CM10 you lose all the touchwiz features.

Bug fixes could be big...depending on the bug.

Journeyman

letgomyeggroll wrote:

So why Im not getting the updated Jelly beands yet?  Is it after certain time only?

Read the first post.

Journeyman

In what order is the update being pushed?  Curious to know how long I will have to wait.

Wizard

Hey Sprint, thanks for rejecting my post about how to pull the update manually.  I didn't violate any of your community guidelines, there is/was no warranty voiding software posted.  Sorry for trying to help people on this board.  I guess you'd rather have people whining about ridiculous issues with their phones, than people that actually know how to help others.  Sad to see this community reduced to this.

sincerely yours,

someone with over 1,200 helpful community posts

RE: manual update to LJ7.  Go over to XDA, search for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 and the link to download the official update file from the Google OTA servers will be present under the "General" section.

EDIT:  If you want the instructions, please send me a private message and I'll send you the links.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.