cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/25 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) - L710VPBLJ7

Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) - L710VPLJ7

Well i received the update last night but it only says android version 4.0.4

Here is a screenshot

Journeyman R_G
Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) - L710VPLJ7

that the latest and final update for ice cream sandwich (4.0.4).... im pretty sure no one has gotten the jelly bean update yet.

Journeyman

Android Version 4.1.1

Woke up to the update this morning.

Journeyman

Anyone know if this will have google now or are they sticking with S(hitty)-voice?

Journeyman

hey what state are you in?  I'm curious in seeing who's getting it first.  Thanks.

Wizard

MaritaP wrote:

Anyone know if this will have google now or are they sticking with S(hitty)-voice?

This has Google Now and it is implemented very well.  Long press on home pulls up a way to get into it easily.  You can also just hit the google search bar to get there as well.

They still do have S-Voice and Samsung pulled a little trick to make sure you still have to use it.  They moved the very useful voice actions like using your voice to take pictures, control music and reject calls into the settings of S-Voice.   It's a real j.erk move by them honestly.

If you would rather launch Google Now with the double tap of the home button instead of S-Voice, use an app called Home2Shortcut and set it to Voice Search on the double tap (have to disable the double tap in the S-Voice settings first).

Wizard

Lake56 wrote:

hey what state are you in?  I'm curious in seeing who's getting it first.  Thanks.

States don't matter, its by random pull of Device IDs that can be all over the country.

Journeyman

Wow that sucks I'm getting old updates ridiculous

Wizard

Gotta be on LI3 before you can get the LJ7.  It's a good thing.

Masterminding wrote:

Wow that sucks I'm getting old updates ridiculous

Journeyman

mmark27_ you're correct states do not matter.

For the record, I am in California.

The Google Now application is pretty cool, launched by holding the menu key for two seconds. I am assuming I will like it better over time as it "learns".

Blocking of notifications is a big thing I was personally waiting for; the interface is simple.

The camera enhancements are pretty cool, nothing to write home about yet...Not a big photo guy though either.

The expandable notifications and abilities are sweet. The fact that I can email all attendees of a meeting without ever opening the meeting maker, to tell them I am running late rocks.

Widget intellegence is still lacking and only resizes if a smaller widget option is available. The good news; if there is no more room the device now automatically creates a new home screen.

Pop up play, pretty cool; liked it the way it was, like it better now.

Turned on Easy mode to check it out, turned it off because it upset me; literally. I can see it being pretty cool for younger kids and older adults through.

If there is somehting specific you are curious about, let me know and when i get time I will check it out and report back. Of course, you can be patient and get your update then I don't spoil the fun of discovering new things.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.