Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/22 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMK3

104 REPLIES
Master

Re: 11/22 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMK3

halldl02,
Thanks for adding to the thread. Depending on where you are, there are many factors that can explain why you are having data issues. Capacity on our older towers can sometimes be the main cause. With the new upgrades we are rolling out, that will address that issue and improve coverage for both voice and data. San Antonio by no means is completed, but many upgrades have rolled out. We are working on it and you will notice a great improvement in service real soon. If you have any questions or would like me to check specific towers for you, let me know. Here to help.
Thanks,
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

rick.spencer

I share your thoughts.  Once the S5 has come out, I'll start shopping around.  If the Sprint network has straightened out by then, I'll continue where I'm at.  If not, I'll be checking with other carriers.   I do realize that some of the carriers may not have as good coverage as Sprint in my area, BUT what difference does it make when I don't get adequate data coverage in the Sprint area.  And before any Sprint rep asks for any zip code and cross streets, that is irrelevant as it is my entire coverage area.  And just in case, it is not my phone, because this happens to multiple people I know with different and same devices.

SHORT VERSION: I've only had problems with my data connection, voice services function fine.

I do believe the main issue is due to the data connections here are saturated as the regular phone service works without issue.  I suspect this as the reason because when I had to make a business trip to San Antonio, I had very few data connection issues.

Master

rick.spencer,

Thanks for your reply. Can you let me know what issues you're coming across with the service? Additionally, let me know your zip code and cross streets so I can check out the status of LTE within the area. Thanks!

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

SprintCare wrote:

rick.spencer

It has been a while since your last post. I wanted to follow up with you regarding the update and your device. Has there been any issues as of late? Please let us know if you are in need of assistance.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

No problems here things are well - this is the best "phone", ( not sevice), I have ever had PERIOD, I will be looking at the gs5 if we get LTE here soon otherwise I may go to verizon. Our service here has been less then stellar, but I"ll give it a month, Rick.

Master

ChappellCh,

Thanks for the update. Have you gone into the play store to see if there is something that can be downloaded to bring those lil guys back?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Victor,

No, I have not been able to access the Emoji keyboard. I've managed to go on with life though!

Master

JRALTD,

Thanks for posting. I'm simply following up with you to ensure all your concerns have been addressed. Please keep us posted should you require any further assistance.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

shellyt88-

I'm so glad to hear that you're finding value within the Sprint Community! We appreciate your business and activity!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

MiloBloom,

Thank you for your post regarding your unhappiness with the software update to your device.  We wanted to see if you had gotten all the inks worked out and if there were still any issues that you were having any functionality issues with the update.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

LARRYWMO,

Thank you for the post from a few months back.  You had inquired about the update to your phone in The Kansas City area.  We see that you haven't posted since then and wanted to follow up and see if you were pleased wit the update.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.