ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/22 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMK3

Journeyman

Re: 11/22 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMK3

I guess I'm like everyone else. Sick and tired of hearing about but not receiving this update. Idk why Sprint or whoever has to release the thing won't just release it to everyone. Tired of this crap. Checking over and over again.

Journeyman

Friday, November 29, still no update for me.

Journeyman

Still no update for me either.

Journeyman

Sprint rolls out their OTA updates by serial number not region.

Journeyman

Sprint rolls out their OTA updates by serial number not region. @sprintdavid73

Journeyman

Makes sense. So, if Samsung updates by serial number, then does manufacturing date or purchasing date go into the equation? I purchased my phone about 1 year ago.

Journeyman

Still no OTA what the heck is going on, Can someone please tell me when my GS3 will get the new update....Cant wait..... Patently waiting in Des Moines, Iowa.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, So can you tell anyone when the update will hit my phone? What serial number are they on now?

Journeyman

every time I try to scan for update I keep getting a (602) error saying to contact customer service if problem persist and it was a connection error. I tried to use kies air but says no update ( not sure im doing it right anyway ). can anyone shed some light on this for me please

Journeyman

Don't do the update on your S3...nothing but problems, half my apps no longer work, including several Google apps like the keyboard!! Adobe keeps attempting to download PDF's that I i deleted a long time ago. Silly me I just said yes to the update without reading the reviews. I guess S4 users had issues and recently received a patch to fix it. No i can't find a single article showing me how to revert to JB 4.2.2. So hold off until you read reviews saying it works!

Journeyman

I agree - I just hit okay for the upgrade without realizing what a mess it was. Wish I'd read about it first. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. Now, back to redoing all my ringtones that reverted to default!.......

Journeyman

I updated via the official udpate link posted in the XDA forums. When I initially applied the update, I think I had the wrong update file selected and started to flash the update. I cancelled out of it and restarted the phone as quick as possible. I went back into the phone startup and selected the correct update file. The phone works, but somehow I seem to have ended up with L710VPUCMK3 as the baseband version.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat