2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPBMA6

Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - L710VPBMA6 

Enhancements/Fixes

- Voicemail application update

- SMS 3-digit support

- Calendar sync issues

Important Notes

- The new software version is: L710VPBMA6

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S III Software Updates blog for install instructions. 

2/27/2013

NOTE: This update has been replaced by L710VPBMB1.  See this thread for information on the update.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - corrected software version

60 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMA6

Are YOU SERIOUS?! WHERE IS THE PREMIUM SUITE?! WHERE IS ANDROID 4.2.1? Ain't NOBODY care about the sync issues or sms 3digit support. WE WANT 4.2 And/OR premium suite! COME ON!! this is a huge let down.. A very HUGE let down!

Journeyman

Where is premium suite, new camera features, why can't  sprint give any answers a time line and explanation to why most of the world has premium suite. How can Iran, Vietnam,  , Pakistan, Somalia, Uzbekistan have this update, is it software, hardware, or do we not get all of Samsung's updates only certain carriers get it? Just an explanation would be nice

Journeyman

The premium suite comes with Android v4.1.2.  We were the first to get Android Jelly Bean v4.1.1 in the U.S. I'm quite sure it will be the same with the premium suite. "Patience. We must have patience!"

Journeyman

live wallpapers are gone! not a big deal for me because i never used them since battery has been an issue.. but for some this may be a problem. i dont notice any other changes so far.

Journeyman

BEWARE, this breaks LEAP wifi with id/password.

Journeyman

what is LEAP wifi?

Journeyman

A WiFi security standard used inside corporate networks. 

Journeyman

Don't get excited over the premium suite update, its nothing exciting that you'll notice and anything in the premium suite you can do from apps from the store. Its not like a new version of Android, its just camera enhancements and few other tweaks. Everyone gets their underwears bunched up when they announce an update and it doesn't come within 24 hours.

Journeyman

I'm with ya Frankula.

Even 4.2.1 is not a major update.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.