cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/27 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.2 (L710VPBMB1)

Highlighted
Wizard

2/27 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - Android 4.1.2 (L710VPBMB1)

Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - L710VPBMB1 (Android 4.1.2)

Enhancements/Fixes

- Google OS upgrade from Android 4.1.1 to 4.1.2

- Voicemail application update

- SMS 3-digit support

- Calendar sync issues

- 3rd party software licensing

Important Notes

- The new software version is: L710VPBMB1

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S III Software Updates blog for install instructions.

- This is a new release of L710VPBMA6, but also includes additional 3rd party software licenses.  This

update should be applied whether or not you applied L710VPBMA6.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - corrected software version

164 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/27 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMB1

I'm the first to get this one. Only 3MB. Just got the BMA1 update yesterday, then this one rolls out to my phone...

Journeyman

OK. Saw international news on release that indicated it would include multi-screen capability, a new "Paper....." app and some new screen orientation and some new swipe functionality. Can't find it on my phone. Did Sprint release not include these?

Journeyman

That makes two updates in a two days and this one also includes nothing important. My version is different, it reads L710VPBMB1 I have an extra B, can anyone expalin why that is?

Journeyman

Dunno, this one is like a small patch to the update, which is the big one that upgrades Jellybean to 4.1.2. This patch seems like minor last minute tweaks that they forgot to include in the big one.

Wizard

Farsightman,

See this thread where your question is addressed.

Journeyman

No, its still on 4.1.2.  The full suite update will be on 4.2.1.  Which will be released in March when the new S4 comes out.

Journeyman

I asked the same question yesterday:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/114218?tstart=30

Sprint is holding back on the premium suite for now.

Journeyman

Mine is VPBMB1 too. I think the original poster of the big update and this one typo'd

Journeyman

OK. Reviewed comments. Appears Sprint USA has not released Premium Suite yet and reviewed comments about it being made available when GS IV is released. Can you confirm if GS III will get this package at that time?

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.