cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32g GS3 shipping confirmation

Highlighted

32g GS3 shipping confirmation

Now that the 16g GS3's are starting to ship I wanted to start a separate thread for those of us who are still waiting on the 32g GS3's. Hopefully it won't be too long 'till we start getting our e-mail confirmations, Rick.

139 REPLIES 139
Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke to my local Sprint store (Houston) and she told me they will have units for sale by next week but won't have any for demo.  Also said they are not taking any additional orders.  But when I spoke to Best Buy they told me they could pre-order the phone for me even though I was with Sprint!  Go figure!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spoke with RL who works for Jerry Adriano who is VP of Customer Experience. No ship date for the 32’s yet.  Samsung production cannot meet sales numbers. Currently Samsung has not told Sprint of a date absolute for delivery of the 32’s.  Those who have read my posts know I have beaten up on Sprint pretty hard. There are just fewer than 10 million orders and factory capacity is 5 million.  AT&T is only selling the 16’s and Verizon has a ship date of 7/11. T-Mobile is shipping but the 4G is not LTE and numbers are very low.
Now if RL is lying to me is unknown. I spoke with him when he called last week on Jerry’s request. The Galaxy S 3 has broken records for the debut of a cell phone. It eclipsed the iPhone.

If this phone is a POS I will dump it and Sprint after going through this. Now if we don’t get them until very close to the ship date Verizon has posted we know we have been lied to. It’s a coin toss, cancel or wait. I told RL that his CSR’s were saying next week. Funny thing is nobody knows yet. Sprint’s “Ivory Tower” claims the do not know and Samsung is not telling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hopefully your contact is dead on.  But here's the deal....it is true that you can preorder through Best Buy and they give you an estimated arrival date of 6/29-7/4.  I just went through the process. However, you can only order the 16 and not the 32.  I just think it is interesting that they can give a date.  I shouldn't even talk because I missed my window to preorder (it's what happens when you fall asleep at the wheel).  But knowing that I can preorder through Best Buy may make me do so!  Same price.  However, they don't have any demos available. I'm ready to click submit...what do you think?

**********************************I HIT SUBMIT!!!!!! FINGERS CROSSED NOW!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recieved something from Sprint today. Their standard postcard telling me my order is backordered.

Seriously, the 1st communication I have had from Sprint during this debcale.

Way to rub it in, Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am tired of the lack of communication.  I chatted with Jessica today and she told me that they did not know when they would be shipped and when I asked if I could change the shipping address as we will not be home the 30-July 6 she said no that the order was preparing to ship.  You have got to be kidding me.  Either it is shipping or it's on "backorder" and allow your customers to change the shipping address because some people will be on vacation.  If it is delivered and stolen while I'm gone, Sprint will lose this customer and they will refund me my money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suggest that we should all start doing some research collectively and start digging up some phone numbers and emails of as many upper management or executive sales reps as possible. Then post it online and have everyone email and call complaining about this delay and misinformation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All....This is an article that was posted on the UK Inquirer this afternoon.  Vodaphone is a UK cell service provider:

CRIMSON MOBILE OPERATOR Vodafone has finally started sending out 32GB pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S3 handsets to those who pre-ordered the phone back in May, after supplies of the handset hit unforseen delays.

Vodafone told The INQUIRER that 32GB models of the blue Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone are now in the post to those who pre-ordered them, which Vodafone added is 40 per cent of its Galaxy S3 customer base. This comes two weeks after it sent out 16GB Galaxy S3 models.

Source: The Inquirer (http://s.tt/1fUDk)

The pertinent information regarding this article is the fact that the UK unveiled the phone about a month before the United States.  I was very hopeful that we would receive shipments this week, but I think at this point, I will simply wait for the email to come and move on with my day to day.  I am NOT leaving Sprint, simply because I am on a family plan with my wife, and she upgraded her phone 2 months ago (Nexus).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh happy day...shipping today!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/92513

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hooray!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just called cs to verify this and csr rep stated that its expected all units to be delivered by the 28th.  At around 5pm eastern time they (customer service) was informed that the samsung shipment had arrived and would be sent out asap to preorder customers.  He also said that tracking info would probably start to show after midnight since it goes into the system when UPS scans them for pickup.  Hope this calms some peeps down as I am cool now that I have some positive info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SO the UK is now receiving their 32g models

Highlighted

I still haven't seen any change in status at the myorder site, oh well.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat