Enhancements/Fixes

- Home screen security fix

- Multi-view: Split Screen multitasking support

- Camera feature and gallery enhancements

- Addition of Paper Artist

- Bulk SMS Enhancements

Important Notes

- The new software version is: L710VPBMD4

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S III Software Updates blog for install instructions.

90 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 4/24 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMC3

Wizard

Oops, I've updated it...thanks!

Journeyman

Re: 4/24 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMD4

- Bulk SMS Enhancements - Does this mean 'group texting' or are we going to have to wait for 4.2?

Wizard

Whoa, website redesign! Take a little of the Cards idea, eh?  This sure will take some getting used to.

MD4 works flawlessly for me. Kudos Sprint to keep the upgrade train rolling.  Only US carrier with the Premium suite features, amIrite?

Wizard

dshoem01, you might want to put in your notes how to USE mutli-view.  Long press the back button to initiate it.  It is NOT intuitive how to get it started.

Journeyman

I just happened to access the forums and saw that there was a post regarding a software update for the Galaxy S3.

I don't see an updated swype keyboard listed as an enhancement, and am wondering why. The version of the swype keyboard that comes installed on the S3 has a known bug in it -- the swype keyboard is unable to determine when it's necessary to use "i vs. I." I posted a message about this in the swype forums and received confirmation that this was in fact a bug that had since been corrected in an updated version. A forum administrator stated the fix had been sent out to the OEMs.

I've been in contact with Samsung support, but they have no information about an updated keyboard. I'm using the 1.4.9 beta keyboard. Any word on when Samsung/Sprint will be including an updated keyboard with a software release?

Edit: Just saw that Swype v1.5 (full version) is available for purchase or for use as a 30-day trial. Apparently Swype has been updated again, but the S3 is using an older keyboard.

Message was edited by: c_brookhart

Journeyman

I've noticed that the right swipe on a contact to call is gone. Only left swipe to message is still there

Journeyman

so anyone in San Francisco see this update yet? Forcing it through settings isn't working.

Wizard

UPDATES ARE NOT LOCATION BASED, THEY ARE RANDOMIZED BASED OFF YOUR PLAY SERVICES AND GOOGLE OTA SERVICES.

Sorry for the shouting, but people always assume updates are geographically based.  They are not.  When its your time, it'll be your time.  You can try the trick of force closing and clearing data for Google Play Services, Google Framework Services, and rebooting your phone.  Then go back and check for updates, but that doesn't work all the time.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.