cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/24 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMD4

Journeyman

Re: 4/24 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPMD4

Does any body know what are the new Camera features with this latest OTA update, L710VPBMD4, in detail?

Journeyman

LOVE this update, nice surprise for me. It started downloading when my phone was at 45%, I quickly plugged in, and after the update, my phone charged up to 100% within 40 minutes, just like the old days.

LOVE the gallery organizer, much easier than any app i've tried. Perfect, easy.

Already using Multi-view and will check out other features as soon as I can sit down and play with it.

As for the keyboard "i" and "l" issue, that was resolved for me with an update long ago, not sure which one. It was darned annoying before that, though.

Very pleased to have my phone easier to use...now my husband is trying to decide which phone to upgrade to in May from the 2 year  old Photon....GS3 or GS4?

Wizard

MoPho2011 wrote:

...now my husband is trying to decide which phone to upgrade to in May from the 2 year  old Photon....GS3 or GS4?

GS4. No question about it.  Never buy "last year's" model of phones no matter how awesome the deal looks.  GS3 will reach its update and support cycle faster than the GS4.  Now that might not be for a while (and I'm confident the S3 will still be a great phone for a long time to come), but still it will happen.  The updated camera alone on the GS4 will have me getting it very shortly.  And since the GS3 and GS4 are the same physical size (relatively), I'm betting my docks (car, desk) will still work fine.

Then the GS5 next summer, then the GS6......and on and on until my 5 lines run out of upgrades!

Journeyman

Sprint when am I getting the update

Journeyman

The "i" vs "I" in Swype is exactly the issue I was experiencing, and the answer I am trying to get from Samsung and Sprint. To be clear, I posted a question about this issue in the Swype forums and found out it was corrected. I've already downloaded and am using the Beta version of Swype.

My question is though since the "i" vs. "I" has been corrected in an update provided to the OEMs, why hasn't the keyboard been updated so that this is no longer an issue? Is it a case of it's just as easy to release an update for this as it is to just simply buy it from the Play store/buy another keyboard (swift key)/or install swype beta.

Wizard

I barely remember this issue, and I haven't seen it in a very long time.  I couldn't tell you which update appears to have fixed the issue as their update notes are very lacking in information. (I.E. they changed the rouge device admin account to just say "Phone Info" now).

Have you cleared your Swype settings completely?

NOTE: This will erase any custom dictionary/settings you have.

• Settings --> Application Manager --> ALL (swipe to the right twice to list all applications).
  • From here scroll down to find Swype.
  • Once you've found it, select it and choose the "Clear data" and "Clear cache" options. 
Journeyman

I went through the instructions above with the zip file and installed the update outside of waiting for the OTA notification (thanks for those!).  Everything went very smooth and within 5 minutes I was updated.  Split screen is cool, but is limited to apps that support it.  Not sure I will use it much, but it is a very nice option and very easy to use.  New Gallery updates are very nice and much better than they were prior.  I do think my charging time has improved, and battery life seems about the same.

Journeyman

Thanks for the tip. it worked for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Of course it's not too bright to buy anything other than the latest phone, but the GS3 is so cheap and so reliable...

He has looked at the S4 and actually is leaning towards the HTC One instead. He, like a male friend of mine, seems to think the Galaxy is "delicate". They like the feel of the iphone, but we all hate the i-devices. Once the Galaxy is tucked into a good solid case, it doesn't feel delicate. Not sure why he is wavering. At the moment, he's unwilling to pay $249, that's one issue. Ridiculous. As a customer of what - 17 years or something, it's galling never to have any bonuses or breaks anymore. It's not as if we have to have it the moment it comes out  (though frankly, I think we should) but after a time, for longtime customers, there should be some kind of privilege...

I can't believe people are still having this keyboard issue with the "i" and the "l". WHen I was having it, no one else was, back on Fall 2012. Now several people are complaining about it. I wiped all my caches with the JB update (in an attempt to get my battery life back) but I actually think it was a tiny little update in February or something that repaired that. I'd forgotten all about it. I don't use the stock keyboard too often, though, prefer Swype, but once in a while I switch over, just to remember why I don't like it (lack of comma on first-screen keyboard)

Journeyman

Is this update still rolling out? It's been a couple of weeks and I still haven't received it. Does anyone know what the maximum time frame might be on this update? Thank you.

Journeyman

I updated to this version and I have had only one issue happen twice.  It will randomly reboot and get stuck on the Samsung screen and just stays there.  The phone won't fully boot up and it seems the only way I can get it to boot is to factory reset it. Is this a problem anyone else has had?  Like I said this is the 2nd time this has happened and I don't really want to factory reset it again only for this to happen again.  Any suggestions? Is there anyway I can go back to the previous software?  Any help is appreciated.

Journeyman

What is the bulk SMS enhancement?  I guess I assumed it was a group SMS fix.  I have been relying on Handcent SMS to this point, but it seems to struggle with the processing.  Maybe it is a setting, or maybe it is poor signal.  But I was hoping the stock app would allow group messaging, and I could eliminate Handcent.

Is anyone else using Handcent and having issues?  My issue is only with group messages.  I don't delete threads, and when a message is brought back after not being used for a week, I have to dig through the message list to find it.  It won't bring it to the top of the list.  I have tried both sorting options in the settings.  Also, sometimes I respond to the pop up, and it goes only to the sender, not the group.  I have to cancel the popup, and then load the thread.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat