Enhancements/Fixes

- Home screen security fix

- Multi-view: Split Screen multitasking support

- Camera feature and gallery enhancements

- Addition of Paper Artist

- Bulk SMS Enhancements

Important Notes

- The new software version is: L710VPBMD4

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S III Software Updates blog for install instructions.

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
Journeyman

We still haven't recieved the update. Forced it by stopping Google services, no go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well 6 days left & I HAVE NOT received the update!

EDIT: UPDATE SPEAK OF THE I JUST GOT IT FOR OTA!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone having issues with this update? My galley is completely borked by this. It launches, freezes and then closes. I have tried re-boots etc and such. But, no luck. Camera works, but cannot access any pics from gallery due to freeze-ups

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone else have issues with the built-in email program?  With my old Samsung Moment (the original one not the second release, can't think of the code), I could easily connect to my work email and calendar on the first try (I don't use push).  When I got this phone, I got used to having to press check mail button in the upper right corner 3-5 times before it would finally connect.  But with this update, that icon just spins after the first try.  In some ways it seems nice to not be able to check my work email, but this is ridiculous and I really need to be able to update my calendar.  Does anyone have a suggestion (other than trying to switch everything to gmail and google calendar, which is not really feasible for me)?  Or Sprint, can you please fix this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm using the default email app to access my corporate exchange server without any problems, Mail and calendar sync up. There are others who have seen similar problems however.

Do an internet search on "galaxy s3 exchange calendar not syncing". Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes.  I use my phone fairly lightly..2 to 3 text messages a day, check four different email accounts twice a day, check google financials / bloomberg two to three times a day, plus google now....probably 3 to 4 voice searches a day.  Went from being able to get through two days before having to recharge, now its eight hours.  I'm in a 3G area, so when I'm at home, I use Wifi for data.  But the Wifi keeps cutting in and out, so my phone switches back and forth between 3g and Wifi.  I get repeated messages that I'm being connected to my Wifi.  Had zero problems before; Wifi was rock solid.  I've turned off Sprint communications optimizer.  I've gone so far as to shut down 3g for data.  When I leave the house, I'll have to remember to reenable it.  I'll see what impact this has.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery problems.  Wifi problems....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still not have received the update. I'm a little nervous about resetting things or messing with the Google stuff since I'm not sure how all that works. Does anyone know if I take my phone to Sprint they would be able to update it there?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome instructions. I was sort of worried about doing this on my own but got tired of waiting for the update. What an awesome update this is too. Thanks for the links and directions mmark27.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what were the links and directions? Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ever since i got the update to 4.1.2 my phone has been almost useless... I've havent really been able to connect to 3g or 4g. prior to the update i was always connected to 4g when im in my house and 3g everywhere else. Now i only get 1x or nothing.... has anyone else experienced any of these problems.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still have yet to receive the update and tried for the manual push and that didnt work so i am not sure how long i am suppose to wait, its been 3 wks since this was released

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat