Enhancements/Fixes

- Home screen security fix

- Multi-view: Split Screen multitasking support

- Camera feature and gallery enhancements

- Addition of Paper Artist

- Bulk SMS Enhancements

Important Notes

- The new software version is: L710VPBMD4

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S III Software Updates blog for install instructions.

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
Journeyman

Right swipe on a contact to make a phone call is stll there, but it only works occasionally. Very annoying. I had to send my phone to get reflashed to Samsung, hopefully it'll work when i get it back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 4.1.2 update worked fine for me at first -- better battery life, MUCH faster charging. Those are still okay, but I've got keyboard lag again, none of the usual methods help that. I was on the phone with tech support and asked about the rumored 4.2 update, he claimed it was out, and told me to clear my Google services framework, which has worked for me before, but I'd already tried that.

I'm really disgusted by the keyboard lag. I do love multi-view, and Paper Artist, and the new Gallery, which I can now organize in my sleep, practically. I'm one of the edge-zoom haters, so that didn't bother me.

My swipe left/right to call/text works just fine. So far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HOW DO WE GO ABOUT CLEARING THE GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK? I HEARD THAT THE NEW UPDATE WAS OUT AS WELL... I TRIED TO UPDATE MY SOFTWARE BUT IT'S JUST SHOWING THAT IT IS UP TO DATE... IM STILL WORKING WITH 4.1.2 CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 4.2.2 THOUGH... THANKS IN ADVANCE

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too had to go into a Sprint store and talk directly to the sprint tech, who I told I had found and downloaded the update file but was worried about installing it and voiding my warranty on my phone with Sprint.he then went to the counter and checked to make sure that my phone in fact did have the old software and check on his computer to see if sprint had an update file for the 4. 1 .2 version of my software which he only needed a second to confirm was available. After waiting over an hour for his file to download from the main Sprint network I was able to update my phone to the 4.1 .2 version for my galaxy s3. What upsets me is that I had talked to customer service online sent emails and I was told every time that I had to be patient and the updates would come. Is there a reason i have to wait Sprint? Well sorry to say but it was available and there is no reason why just because sprint decides when I can get an update I should have to wait. It's my belief that if I had not talked directly to the tech at the store that I would've received the runaround from some sales person giving me the same shit that I had received from customer service online. Does Sprint not know that many people who own smart phones are tech dtsaavy themselves and when you're told something like you have to wait for no reason at all,that an intelligent person can probably find the update somewhere in cyberspace, therefore proving that Sprint is full of shit. In the hour I spent with the tech rep at the Sprint store I I had a very fulfilling and lengthy conversation about my phone the network and the other issues that I had been experiencing and had the runaround from customer service prior to my visit. Instead of stonewalling and excuse making he talk to me like a rational adult and was truthful helpful andin my opinion should train your customer service Admins on how 2 treat their customer The funny thing is I've read today that there is now a new update that I will probably have to go back into the store bypass all the sales people and talk to my new buddy the tech rep who will gladly update my phone with no hassle at all. No excuses no bullshit just ,"yep there's an update! Let me see if I can find it for you and let me update your phone sir." .....Why can't it be that easy all of the time?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Galaxy S3 new in February,  my husband also.  We both had the same gallery freeze problems. I figured out the solution myself and it is resolved and works fine now- the "network" issues are another issue itself. The. New upgrade for the S4 is not compatable with the S3. It downloads things to the S3 that causes the Gallery freezing and other "network" issues. To fix the Gallery freeze- go to "apps" then "my files"  then "all files" then " extsdcard" then "DCIM" then "camera"... After the pics load to where you can see them,  look for one that is not one of your pics- just an ICON that looks like tge GALLERY ICON, delete it... if you have a lot of pics then make sure you check for more than one icon... if you click these icons then you get a black screen and it freezes... just delete them all if you have more than one.  Once you are done and there are no more icons- restart your phone, if you want power off and take the battery out for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute...  once your phone starts back up, go to your Gallery and BAM! It works again. I really should getva job as a Sprint a tech because none of the real techs knew what the problem was and blame it on down towers... like the dropped calls, no service, missed calls not getting through... I don't know about other phones but the GS3 is not compatable withvthe GS4 upgrade and downloads things like the Gallery Icon which causes the Gallery to always.  Freeze... there are probably other things that were and are being downloaded causing all the other issues. I just  haven't  found those yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I do this? Am I suppose to find this forum on my phone and download it that way? Do I lose all my photos and contacts when I do the updates?

Highlighted
Journeyman

uhhh it should already have gone through....

this update was what 4 mths ago...

go into settings and about device, and see what it is running

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat