cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.3 and Galaxy S3 is a total joke - you should be ashamed Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

4.3 and Galaxy S3 is a total joke - you should be ashamed Sprint!

What was once a perfectly functioning phone Saturday morning is now nothing more than a very expensive paperweight. Since the update:

• I am now forced to recharge my battery once every 4 hours
  • Get constant messages that my WIFI connection is unstable
  • Lose my mobile connection constantly
  • Texts are sporadic
  • Plus a handful of other minor issues

3 calls to Sprint today -

1. 1st call "Tech" laughed at me and said that is all he has fielded today were GS3 battery calls
  2. 2nd call - offered to let me "buy in" to the new sprint upgrade program and that I would really love the Apple 5C. Really Sprint?
  3. 3rd call - sir we have nothing to do with an O/S upgrade or the problems  they can cause with your equipment and suggest I call Samsung

Called Samsung - sorry sir there is no way they can roll back the O/S to 4.1 and suggest that I damage my phone if I have insurance and request a refurb with 4.1

To the Sprint Techs monitoring this forum - please do not insult my intelligence like the 3 techs did and ask me if I have any apps running that might be draining my battery, is my brightness turned down etc.... Bottom line - the upgrade features are awesome - but you guys screwed the pooch on this one, and apparently didn't run it through it's paces before rolling it out to your loyal customer base.

I am giving you guys exactly 10 days to roll out a patch or you will be losing my 5 lines and good luck trying to collect on the early termination fees.

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you. They need to do something. This makes my third android and as a phone they were all pretty bad. They never work the way they are suppose to and even if they did what good is a hand held that lives on a charger? I even tried a nexus, absolute garbage. I will say all three were made by Samsung. Might be the manufacturer, hard to say. And I have a nexus 7 with custom software so I could do that with my phone but I don't spend money to work, I work to get paid. Sprint get off your a$$.

Highlighted
Wizard

I've been using android devices since the optimus s, and the exaggeration you've shown here is an obvious fallacy. all smartphones require massive amounts of power because of the things these phones do. if that isn't acceptable then maybe android isn't for you. not only that, every release of android, on every carrier, on every device has issues. blaming Sprint for problems that are seen on every carrier is quite ignorant and shows lack of use of Google. and if you want to roll back and don't know how to do that yet, that shows lack of use of Google as well. everyone gripes and complains because they  wwant to have the latest, greatest software but don't care about what it may do until it's installed and causing issues. too little, too late. place the blame on Samsung and Google, not Sprint since the past month has been nothing but posts about Sprint being too slow to release the update. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am glad that someone has put this information out. I called sprint with the same issues and they could not assist me either. They walked me through the reset and asked me to check the programs running on my phone. I also deleted programs from my phone thinking that would help and it hasn't. I can not get the internet unless I am somewhere that offers wireless and I log in. I have never dropped as many calls as I have in the last 3 days. It was originally blamed on the server in my area even after I asked if it was the upgrade and was told no. I am considering going to Sprint and have them give me a new phone with the update not on it.

Highlighted
Master

JonMcR,

We appreciate your input here! Just wanted to let you know I am here to help! Let Me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks so much and have a nice day!

Lucia
Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lucia - how about responding to the original post?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for setting me straight. I don't know what we would do without ignorant trolls like yourself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Along with everyone else, my battery drains within hours.  For example it went from 100% to 64% in ONE hour.  I already fixed all the other little glitches that came with the update.  (The flash notification, the constant downloads.)  However, besides the fact that my battery drains within hours, I can no longer sync my phone with my car.  Isn't that great?  I soooo wish I would have checked into this before I updated. 

I have also tolerated Sprint's poor customer service and poor reception (I barely get any bars in my house, hence I have to keep a landline), for YEARS!  I am over it.  Our only choices is to TRY a factory reset, get a refurbished one with 4.1.2, or wait for either a patch or another upgrade that may or may not come?

So my phone is now basically an overpriced paperweight?

Highlighted
Master

Coozman, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us in regards to your issues. I would be more than happy to investigate these matters further for you. First off, I would like to check your service area for any potential issues. If you can, please provide your zip code and closest intersecting cross streets. 

Second, have you attempted any troubleshooting to help combat potential battery issues? If not, please visit http://bit.ly/1khYovD for more information. 

Please let me know, I look forward to your response and looking into this matter further. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

when you noticed the battery life drop was this while at home?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Hey Bfresh8,

Thank you for joining in on our thread; sorry to hear you're also having issues with your device's update.

We're happy to take and forward any feedback accordingly. Have you attempted any troubleshooting yet (Update PRL, update data profile, battery removal)? Also, so we can rule out any network issues, can you please provide your cross streets and zip code? Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

JonMcR wrote:

I've been using android devices since the optimus s, and the exaggeration you've shown here is an obvious fallacy. all smartphones require massive amounts of power because of the things these phones do. if that isn't acceptable then maybe android isn't for you. not only that, every release of android, on every carrier, on every device has issues. blaming Sprint for problems that are seen on every carrier is quite ignorant and shows lack of use of Google. and if you want to roll back and don't know how to do that yet, that shows lack of use of Google as well. everyone gripes and complains because they  wwant to have the latest, greatest software but don't care about what it may do until it's installed and causing issues. too little, too late. place the blame on Samsung and Google, not Sprint since the past month has been nothing but posts about Sprint being too slow to release the update.

Really....? The phone is operating poorly after a major update. People have a right to complain. The hardware didn't change and yet it now operates poorly. This update was poorly designed. An update needs to happen soon. I am not renewing my contract after this phone is up. It is pretty much worthless as a phone outside of a WiFi connection. I use my phone from work and when you are on a job site and can't use it is unacceptable. Especially when it shows you having a great connection to the 3G network. I love how this is not happening to one person. This is a major issue. I am with a lot of people being frustrated that they are paying for a service now that is not working correctly. And you have to remember not every user of the Android is tech savvy. For a general consumer, this blows.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat