cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.3 update problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

4.3 update problems

I am unable to text a phone within my own Sprint account.  I have had other major issues since update, to which I have managed to fix using help from various avenues found online; however, I can't find a way other then reverting back to 4.1.2 using Odin or going back to factory reset to fix this one. I am NOT WILLING TO DO EITHER, so please do not suggest it to me, I just can't take the chance of killing my phone.

My husband has a Samsung ReClaim phone that he has had since it came out... he will not change phones, so its not an option, its not his phone, we have checked, all my updates are done otherwise, its not that.

Anyway, since my phone updated ON ITS OWN in January I have not been able to text him anymore then 10 characters, I can receive texts from his phone fine, but he can't get anything more then that from me.  This is often our only form of communication when he travels.

Please help me find a solution for this other then my going back to the older firmware or factory reset, any chance of bricking my phone is not an option...I never wanted to update my phone, it has a mind of its own. I did not have these issues with my S2. Find a solution please.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: 4.3 update problems

cloned_86 Thank you for posting with us. When sending the text message, are you using a text message application or the Google hangouts app? *David S Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hangouts, which I suppose is what is the default app that came with the phone....sorry for the delay in responding, I live in Hawaii, we are 6 hours behind EST. Thank you for your response.

Journeyman

Your answer directed me to look for an app that would enable me to text my husband.  I found one that I liked after trying a couple out that worked better then hangouts....now to address the problem with the update...

The fact that the update either updated hangouts because it was part of the original firmware or it caused a conflict when it updated the firmware on my phone was my problem but there is no real one problem with this UPDATE.  There are so many problems that it is clear to me that the update should never have been rolled out.   The amount of man hours being spent to address the problems with the update is enormous, that isn't taking into consideration the amount of time customers are having to spend on the problems they are having with their phones.

That being said, thank you for pointing me in a direction I had not even thought of...simple as it was, it was not one I had taken into consideration...conflicts between the phone and the application...since the application had worked perfectly fine before the update.  Anyway, I have deleted hangouts from my phone and I am using another application for texting now and all is good.

Thank you again.

Master

cloned_86,

We're glad that we was able to point you in the right direction. We very happy that all is well. If you have any further issues or have any questions feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're here for you.

Thank you,
April
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat