cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE coverage issue

Highlighted

4G LTE coverage issue

has there been a solution regarding Samsung galaxy s3 and issues with 4G lte coverage?

Tags (5)
15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: 4G LTE coverage issue

naturalNikki, what kind of issues are you having?  If you're in an area where LTE coverage, the S3 should pick up and use LTE no problem. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

According to the Sprint Coverage Map, my home is located in the "Best" 4G coverage area.. However, my Galaxy SIII will only pick up 3G here and yes I have changed the network settings and rebooted.  It will pick up 4G in other locations, but I can't leave it on 4G as it is a huge battery drain always looking for 4G when I am at home. Why am I not able to get 4G coverage when your map tells me it is available?

Master

cagedNH - Thank you for reaching out to us. That's a great question, if your phone can pick up 4G everywhere else, except your home location, let us check the area to see what is going on. What is your zip code and nearest cross streets? - Jonelle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same issue....The coverage map claims I am in the covered area to get 3G and 4G LTE, yet I have never been able to get it on my Galaxy SIII nor does my daughters phone, Galaxy S4 Mini. If I travel 40 minutes north of me I am able to hook up to the 3G network and sometimes the 4G LTE. I have done every update and had technicians try some kind of signal boost on their end to no avail. In my home our 3 lines get 1 to 2 bars of service at best. I have been a steady patron of Sprint service for 12 years. I do believe Sprint offers the better family packages and rates, however, my family does keep 3 crappy $20 prepaid phones in the home for back up , & in case I am ever sick of the frustrations. Those $20 phones get remarkably better service than all of our $400-$600 Sprint phones.

Journeyman

Im not able to recieve 4G LTE either, I have been contemplating paying early terminations fee to leave. I was frustrated when I could not use my IPHONE 5 to its potential. NO SURF AND TALK , my prepaid Galaxy III with AT&T was capable why not a Sprint IPHONE?

Journeyman

I'm more than pleased with the G3, G4 & LTE coverage on the Galaxy S5 I upgraded to in May.  I've found the LTE and G4 signals in the vast majority of Los Angeles are good to excellent.  Yes, there are occasions when it drops to G3, but I challenge anyone with another carrier who doesn't find that happening to them as well.  Another member of my household upgraded to a GS5 three weeks ago and is likewise very happy with the service here and away from home.  We live in the hills and consequently there are areas where the best signal is blocked by the topography and is occasionally spotty.  Because of that Sprint gave us an Airave Femtocel 3 years ago when we upgraded to our first smartphones.  Its a device which connects to the Internet and broadcasts the Sprint signal throughout the house.  They recently upgraded us to an Airave 2.5+, their latest model.  We have full, dropout free voice and data coverage in the house and yard and even out into the street.  For the record: one member of our household has been a Verizon customer for nearly 15 years and prefers to stay with them.  That being said, this last Autumn she upgraded one of her phones to a GS4 and got NO signal, or at best - 1 bar here at home.  (She as two phones - 1 for work and a personal one.  The problems began after Verizon "upgraded" their cell towers to LTE.  Their signal here at the house was actually worse!  She had to argue with and fight the Verizon help desk people for a Verizon Femtocel because they insisted the bad signal and dropout problem was with her cell phones and not their equipment.  When it was pointed out that other Verizon customers who visit here had the same problem their response was silence.  Even with the Verizon Femtocel device, Verizon's coverage is spotty and drops out here.  Sprint's signal doesn't!  She returned the GS4 because, even with the Femtocell, she was still getting dropouts and went back to her previous generation cell phone.  Add this that we've had someone here with a Sprint GS3 who had no signal or dropout issues.  I have NEVER had a bad experience with the help desk people at Sprint, be they the folks who help with billing questions or the technical side of things!  I hope Sprint stays strong and manages to buy T-Mobile.  The added capacity and muscle will only help those of us who prefer Sprint.

Master

Tangamble,

How long have you not been getting LTE? May I have your cross streets and zip code? What troubleshooting have you done? Our CDMA network works best with phones that support voice and data separately. Have your tried using voice and data while connected to Wi-Fi? -Stephanie P
Journeyman

By the way, At my work, there are Verizon, AT&T and Sprint cell towers on the buildings.  (I work at a movie studio.)  My Sprint coverage is superior there in some of the building where coverage has always been a problem due to concrete walls, wiring, being in a basement etc.  There's no one I work with who has T-Mobile so I can't comment on their coverage.

Journeyman

I note that in many cases people I know have problems with phone coverage because they learn how to fully utilize use their devices because they're unaware of the amazing control they have by going into assorted settings menus and submenus.

GrandMaster

simple answer. att is gsm...sprint is CDMA...there is your difference on why att can do calls and net while on 3G and why sprint can not..depending on which phone you have if youre connected to LTE you can talk and browse...again this depends on if you have a tri band phone or not..the tri band devices can not do this..the former phones however can

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Drob2527 - We're so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your service. We know how frustrating this must be for you and your family. Allow us to check your area for possible flaws in the network. Please provide the two closest cross streets and zip code. Let us know, we want to help. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat