cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/01 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - ND8 (Android KitKat)

36 REPLIES
Master

Re: 5/01 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - ND8 (Android KitKat)

Koberting,

Thank you for letting us know about the battery issue you are experiencing. We have received multiple reports about this issue and we are working with Samsung to get these corrected. In the mean time sounds like you have done most of the basic stuff to resolve this. You can also take the device into a service and repair center and they maybe able to help further. You can use this link to find a service and repair center nearest to you – www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you
Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

is any one else having battery life problems since the up date??

I basically have my phone on the charger all day make 2 10 minute phones calls and my phone is at 15%.

everything is turned off no wifi or location on. and i try to close all the apps open in the back ground...

Master

ChrisSparks,

Have you taken this device into a Service and Repair location? This may be something they can help with. Here is a link to find the closest one to you www.sprint.com/storelocator.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

The update tried to update yesterday and failed.  Now I am running out of 3G/4G bandwidth because I am thinking it is still trying to do it.  Does anyone have the update.zip file somewhere on the web that I can just put on my phone and do the update myself manually?

Chris...

PS: Here is where I could download the file

How To Update Sprint Galaxy S3 To Android 4.4.2 Kitkat

Message was edited by: ChrisSparks

Journeyman

I got mine this morning and i was very hesitant agter the last update disasters. It also took about 15 minutes and everything is working as it did before but with new features

Master

ONTHEGONIKKI1,

Thank you for posting on our Sprint community page and informing us of your concern. The new update that was completed on your device was to help improve the data connection.

Sprint Social Care,
JaSherai
Journeyman

I received the update on my phone and was asked to install the update on Sunday night 5/18. I did that and it appears to have done so without issues. Now my question is what is different about my phone? I don't see anything new except that the icons at the very top are no longer in various colors they are all white now. The only issue iwth that is that against my background they are not easy to see. But other than that what did this new update bring to the table that I didn't already have? My phone looks pretty much the same as it did before I installed the new update.

Master

SamPgh,

I apologize for the lack of investigation about your issue before your phone was reset. I can understand how frustrating building your phone back to how you had was for you. Now that your device is restored again, are you still experiencing any issues with the device or the network? Let me know.

Sprint Social Care,
JaSherai
Journeyman

Last time that I went to a store their answer to my tech problem (after determining that what I thought was a problem was not a real problem) was to reset my phone to factory settings - so I had to take a lot of time to rebuild the screens and apps and data on my phone - even after restoring a backup!

No thanks.

Master

AMYN1976,

I understand your frustration. We are at our limit of being able to troubleshoot without having the device in hand. I would advise that you take your device into a Sprint store so they can further assist you. If you need to locate a store, please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Thanks.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care