Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - LF9
- Security update
- Software version is: L710VPLF9
- Software update will be pushed to existing Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII customer on 6/29/12.
- New devices being activated will receive the Software Update after the completion of the Hands Free Activation process.
- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Updates for install instructions
Check for updates (only available if 'install later' was selected in step 1 above)
1. Go to the Home screen
2. Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates >Update Android
3. Your phone will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back
on to complete the software update.
I do not have "Update Android". I have Update PRL, Profile, Samsung Software and Firmware. Clicking on all of these tells me everything is up to date.. My current build number is L710VPALEN.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Yeah, this update was supposed to be out yesterday but I did not recieve it till today.
Just FYI it is under Settings>System Update>Update Samsung Software.
Hopefully they release a bigger and better update in the future. Maybe Jelly Bean!!
I went into System Updates and selected Update Samsung Software and it said it was up to date, but I selected 'Check Now' for updates and it found it. It started the Update Android.
Hope this helps everyone.
it goes out in batches. unless your in the area theyre pushing it towards even manually doing it wont help. which is why most get the "already up to date" message. not sure how they chose those batches though..serial number maybe or something along those lines
fireguy, what you said doesn't make any sense. I did my update 2 days AFTER the update was available. No batch distribution would take that long. And, they don't need to batch it because the update is user-initiated, not an automatic download.
I posted my experience to help other people in case they saw the message that their software was already up to date.
Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.