cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/26 - Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - L710VPLG8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/26 - Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - L710VPLG8

The update ruins your phone so badly, they probably want to forget it ever existed. 

Yes, IT IS THAT BAD.  It is horrible, pathetic and awful.  No spritn employee can figure out why these batteries are tanking so bad, yet the XDA guys alreasy have a way to root the phone, and flash out of the LG8 modem, fixing your battery life.

Journeyman

The S-Voice works SOOOO much better. SOOO much better. I love it..NOW. (:

Highlighted
Journeyman

I pointed them to that page and they told me it was "not officially released yet." That it was just letting me know what will be included in the next update. They guy was an idiot and kept pointing me to your posts on the discussion board. I was like you are supposed to be the tech not the customers on the disucssion threads. Its been over a week since its been released. The fact that people cant download it on demand yet is horrible support/service.

Highlighted
Wizard

That is a major fail on whomever that Sprint tech was you talked to, espeically since it has a nice little column with "Release Date" and that date being 7/25/2012.

Feels like you will get a different answer each time you call them and they will contradict information from other Sprint employees and their own website.

I'd be curious to know who actually makes the update Samsung or Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly how did this update "ruin" your phone?  I along with a co-worker have gotten it and have had no problems whatsoever.  Much has improved in fact.  "Stay Awake" works MUCH better, voice recognition is MUCH better, battery life is unchanged - I can still go a couple of days between charges.  We are running stock ROMs with no modifications at all.  By chance is your phone rooted or modified in some other way from stock?  I frequent the xda forums and haven't seen any big uproar about this update over there.  Now the ICS update for the SII - that seems to have been a disaster from what I've heard and read...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have.  This update is bad.  30 hours battery, down to 10.  I work 12 hour shifts.  Facebook literally drain 1% per MINUTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I went to my local sprint store and they installed the update today.  So far things are still really bad as as battery life goes.  I am going to give it a day and a good charge at home to see if it rights itself before i go back.  besides the battery issue the phone does seem to run a lot better and doesn't have any lag that I didn't notice until it was gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

30 hours? I don't think anyone has ever had 30 hours of battery life on any android devise. Unless you don't use it at all. 10 hours with normal use is not bad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use the crud out of mine and since the update I have seen it last well over 24 hours and still have some charge left. I have not let it go beneath 17% though post update. The bat life on this phone is pretty ridiculous. This is with playing things like Angry Birds, surfing the internet a ton, and watching some Netflix. I was on WiFi though for  most of it which may make a difference when comparing it to say always trying to find 3G/LTE etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well, when I get to work, I will tell Chandra, who has the S3 on Big Red, and Rose who has the S3 on ATT that they don't get 30 hours like I did.  I am sure their battery monitors lie, and I don't see them checking drugs, searching google, playing words with friends at lunch and checking facebook.

I used to be one of those, but now, not so much.  10 hours.  I did get 30. 

Right now, in 3 hours, 7 mins in, 11% battery gone.

31% from cell stand by, 22% from voice calls.

I made one 10 minute phone call to my lawyer, I have the wifi turned on, spent 5 minutes on facebook.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Normally, in past experiences with OTA updates. They are pushed out over the span of 4-5 days. If this update was released on the 25th or 26th, it has now been 8 days. I live in the chicago area and I still have not recieved the OTA update... I'm not sure what is going on. Has anyone in the chicago area recieved the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still going on I guess..... 7/25 -  8/15 I was told by Samsung and Sprint..?

Who knows?!

I give...guess I will see it when I see it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat