cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/19 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPLI3

Journeyman

Re: 9/19 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPLI3

Im in SF and i received the update like a week ago.

Journeyman

east bay. no update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is a way to push the update to your phone if you want too. Here is how: Make sure you have a full charge or plug your phone in before you update "Hit the MENU key which is the one on the bottom left of the phone go to SETTINGS then to go  APPLICATION MANAGER then tap on ALL. Then scroll down to GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK and tap on it. Tap on CLEAR DATA and the force stop. Then hit your home key. From there again hit your Menu key go to SETTINGS scroll to SYSTEM UPDATE tap on it then tap on UPDATE SAMSUNG SOFTWARE tap check now and there you go! The update will begin to download!

Journeyman

Nope, that didn't work at all.

Master

sktm wrote:

east bay. no update.

Location has nothing to do with which ESNs are randomly picked by Google's OTA servers to be eligible for update. Phones that have sold more devices tend to have much longer rollout periods to keep the download speeds high and any potential issues with the update that weren't caught in testing from affecting as many users. The Galaxy S II updates commonly take several weeks to be completely available to all users OTA. Samsung often uploads these to their own KIES servers already so using the KIES software sometimes will give you an option of updating even when your ESN has not been loaded into the GOTA servers for the over the air update yet.

Journeyman

Got the update and two things with Swype, no button for talk to text feature and after each text i type it takes the last word and adds it to the next text and saves it as a draft..how about a fix for the fix Sprint! 

Journeyman

Thanks for your reply. I recivied the update this morning.

Journeyman

I refuse to install the update that makes your battery drain. Is their a way it will stop asking me to update. The sprint optimizer will eff up your stand by time. The jokers at sprint are not even acknowleging this issue. Literally with the update  i had max amt of 6 hours with moderate usage.

Journeyman

I updated my phone by using the link that was provided earlier in this thread. At first, my battery was at 60% and after the update, i noticed my battery was draining fast. I recharged my phone, installed the update again, and once the update was done, i restarted my phone. I didn't do a hard reset like most people would tell you. I just turned my phone off and then turned it back on. Since then, my battery life has been great. I can go a whole day on a single charge and i unplug my phone at 5am. I dont plug it back in unitl around 10pm. I use my phone alott. I did this a little over a week ago and i haven't had any problems. So, use the link and download the zip file and do your update that way. After you do that, restart your phone and everything should be fine. But make sure your phone is fully charged or you could run into the problem of the battery draining.

Master

ASIFARIFUDDIN wrote:

I refuse to install the update that makes your battery drain. Is their a way it will stop asking me to update. The sprint optimizer will eff up your stand by time. The jokers at sprint are not even acknowleging this issue. Literally with the update  i had max amt of 6 hours with moderate usage.

If you turn off the connection optimizer and don't go back into the setting screen it will stay off.

Journeyman

This update give me better battery life, I'm a heavy user and I get about 20h on a charge. I usually get 17 to 18h on L710VPLG8. I would sometime get black screen and would have to pull the battery on LG8 but since update to L13 that has not happen. The LTE connection is like LG8 but I think 3g is a little better than LG8. I'm in Houston area.

Journeyman

New wrinkle today. Wife was tired of seeing the update message so I proceeded with the update on her phone. When I try to go into Sprint Connections Optimizer I get an error message "Update has not finished yet. Please try again later" and then I am dropped back to the menu. I tried forcing a manul update from the SD card, force quitting the Sprint Connections Optimizer software and rebooting numerous times. Nothing so far has resolved the error.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat