Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update - L710VPLI3

Enhancements/Fixes

- Inclusion of SWYPE keyboard

- Improved LTE connectivity

- SMS Messaging improvements

- EAS sync improvements

Important Notes

- The new software version is: L710VPLI3

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your

device.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Updates blog for install instructions.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - typo in software version

106 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 9/19 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPLI3

Thank goodness, that Samsung swype-esque keyboard is terrible. I already installed the Swype Beta, but updates are always welcome! Can't wait for LTE in Nashville!

Journeyman

1. Will applying this update wipe all user data and reset the phone to factory settings?

2. I also have Swype beta already installed on my phone. Will this cause any problems?

Journeyman

To answer 1, updates of this nature should NOT erase any user data.

To be a bit more broad, i have yet to see any OTA update wipe a device of user data.

But if the update is interrupted or a problem occurs its possible it could brick a device or require a factory reset on your end to fix any bugs..

But that rarely happens.

With regards to Swype. I would recommend removing the beta before installing the update. Swype has already gone on record in the past that the Beta versions will cause issues with the built-in versions on phones. I would assume there would be no difference here with this update.

Journeyman

Absolutely uninstall the Beta.  Been there, done that.  They don't like one another.

By the way....anyone heard of a Sprint download yet?  I've seen a few AT&T over on XDA.

Journeyman

I was going to let other people install and test it before i do.

I got bad results on my GS2 with a lot of Samsung updates. So with my S3 im more careful.

Journeyman

Anyone seen this update yet?  I haven't (just checked again).

Was the announce pre-mature?

IAmSixNine wrote:

I was going to let other people install and test it before i do.

I got bad results on my GS2 with a lot of Samsung updates. So with my S3 im more careful.

Same here, I'm still running gingerbread on my Epic Touch. "If it's ain't broken don't fix (update) it", at least not until I'm sure its fine.

Journeyman

Just got it

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.