cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.3 update problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 4.3 update problems?

I received the 4.3 update this morning (Dec. 10). Ever since, my phone is downloading "Blackberry-bold" files every 20 minutes or so. Not sure if these are necessary files, or if this is an error. I tried a restart and the downloads did not cease. I attempted to open several of the files and my phone will not comply.

35 REPLIES 35
Journeyman

Re: Android 4.3 update problems?

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung III

Journeyman

Mine is saying there is a software update on my sprint dashboard, I try to download it, and then it says that everything is up to date.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue but on my Galaxy S III. Anyway to stop this or at the very least get rid of the notifications of all the constant downloading?As soon as I clear the notifications, they come right back.  Also, since the upgrade, my battery doesn't last. I have to charge it twice a day now and I checked, power saving mode is ON.

Journeyman

Same here mine keeps saying it is downloading some pdf file. I deleted the file and restarted the phone and it is still saying it is downloading it. Though it is not in the folder so it's not actually downloading anything just saying it is.

Journeyman

See the solution to the download problem under:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/694437#694437

This solution worked for me.

Journeyman

Sad to say but my device had the update available this morning for me before heading to work. Quickly downloaded it and the same thing happened to me with constant downloads of my one favorite song, a pic, and a file of my resume but I tried clearing it and it would eventually pop right back up. After about an hour of usage, my phone suddenly shuts off and now when I try to turn it on, it doesn't work at all or respond. Tried removing and inserting the battery and they only thing ( mind you, I'm not pressing or holding the power button ) that happens is my phone vibrates like it's coming on then flashes " SAMSUNG " and shuts off and can never turn back on again. That's the only thing I get to see. Took it to the repair center and they stated that I have to do an Advanced Exchange ( AE ) and it's on back order ( I see why ). Now I have to be patient, without an device, for 7-8 consecutive days before an replacement is given. Asked the reps what should I do in the meantime since I have no phone, which isn't fair to me and an big inconvenience, since Sprint doesn't provide loaner phones with me paying all this money for Total Equipment Protection (TEP)? Stated I should use an old Sprint device which I don't have one and not going through the trouble of disturbing someone with an old phone because what if they need it? Then asked, why don't I use one of my 2 lines that are vacant since I have no one to give it to and use it before the 14-day policy is up while waiting on my delivered device? They stated that would be manipulating the system since that's contract abuse. I just left the store. Obviously, Sprint needs to find a way to provide loaner phones to consumers for the meantime because it's not my fault that an upgrade to Android on my device was available and it infected my device making it now incapable of powering on. This will make me think twice about Sprint and how they think about customers in situations like this when Sprint knew that there were problems with this Android upgrade to 4.3. When my contract is near, I will take business elsewhere because with my commitment and loyalty to Sprint, didn't expect this type of treatment but I know it won't hurt Sprint much in anyway possible but things have got to change.

Journeyman

i still haven't got my  update is that normal?

Journeyman

No. You would have to wait a little longer because they are sending the updates between IMEI, MSID and DEC's.

Journeyman

I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and I haven't had any problems with it... Im also enjoying it

Journeyman

Since I downloaded the new software (on 12/13) on my Galaxy SIII all I have had is problems. Every time I get any type of alert such as an email coming in, a text, or phone call, the camera flash fires. My GPS program now barely works. No voice commands, and the map  is slow and jerky. Battery seems to go down a lot faster than before. Dahhh, you think the flash going off so often has anything to do with it??? The new software has also changed all of my saved ringers that I had assigned to different callers. By far, the most annoying was that the phone on a regular basis kept downloading over and over again every download that was in my download folder.The only way to end that was to delete everything that was in the folder. There are more subtle problems, but I'll get off my soapbox. Wishing now, that I had never agreed to down load the new and improved software.

Journeyman

Since updating on 12/13 I get notices about 5 times a day that several documents and photos have downloaded. It's always the same batch of docs and pics. When clicking on it I get a message "unable to find item."

I hope I'm not being charged for all the downloads that are redundant!

Is there a way to undo the update?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat