ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Roaming Notification pops up repeatedly

Wizard

[BUG] Roaming Notification pops up repeatedly

When the phone goes into ROAM, it pops up a message in the Notification Bar that your data connection is lost because you are roaming.  In the settings menu, under Roaming, I have it allowed to roam freely without warning.

This was an issue with the ICS builds on the Epic 4G Touch, and it appears that Samsung has not remedied the problem with the S3.

This is a BUG and I hope that Sprint will alert Samsung of this and do something about it.  It is SUPER ANNOYING, especially because Sprint's coverage is pretty sub par in most buildings so you'll dip into and out of roam dozens of times a day.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: [BUG] Roaming Notification pops up repeatedly

the radio in this phone absolutely sucks.  I'm also experiencing this problem and can't disable the warnings

Journeyman

I'm getting the Roaming Notification all the time when I am at home using WIFI. Even sitting two feet from my router. Ugh!

Journeyman

common problem with all of us.....http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/92116 read this thread. its more of reception issues....i replaced mine and it still happened.

Wizard

pskdude1224 wrote:

common problem with all of us.....http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/92116 read this thread. its more of reception issues....i replaced mine and it still happened.

Well, that's not exactly correct.  The phone is not "supposed" to warn you that you are roaming every time you roam unless you specifically check that box in Roaming (in settings).  Therefore this is an annoying BUG.

It is true that this phone may appear to have worse reception, but I ensure you that it has similar reception as any other phone on the SometimeNow Network it just may not be reported the same between manufacturers.  I never drop calls and I'm sure you aren't in a worse area for Sprint than me.  I roll with 1 bar most places inside any building.

I'm sure though that this is another measure by Sprint done intentionally to remind you that you are roaming and costing them more money on our unlimited plans.  If Sprint would actually improve their network, you wouldn't have so many issues.  I know Network Vision is coming, but holy moly am I sick of the BS that we're fed as customers.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat