cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Beware!!!:::Samsung Galaxy S III IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.... so is the darn Otter Box they suggest you buy with it!

Highlighted
Patron

Buyer Beware!!!:::Samsung Galaxy S III IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.... so is the darn Otter Box they suggest you buy with it!

Never again will I purchase an other phone from Sprint. I got the new SII and my patience along with my money went down the drain. I purchased the Otter Box case along with the phone so that i wouldn't have to worry about cracked screens. That was a LIE!!! i dropped the phone from out of my purse and the darn screen shattered like it had been ran over by a truck. I contacted my local Sprint store and they lied and told my the same schit that caused me to by the case in the first place."Otter box stands behind their products and if ur phone cracks while in their case, they'll repair it for free." LIE LIE LIE!!!!  Sprint of course suggests, after paying them a couple hundred dollars for the phone and $50.00 for a bogus case, to pay another $100 or two to their sorry excuse for an insurance company Assurion to get it replaced. I have always defended Sprint whenever people around had negative things to say about the company. I have paid well over $100 a month for 10 years almost and have been a customer since 1999, you'd think that just once they'd have my back and actually resolve this issue without causing me to dig even deeper into my pockets. I put up with the lack of 4G LTE, sub-par service centers and even a few of their crappy phones in the past but this is the worse. I now see why Sprint isn't and probably will never be #1 or #2 in customer satisfaction ratings. This has assured me that it would probably be in my best interest to let the rest of my lines contracts expire and switch to Verizon..where buying insurance really does make sense. Thank you Sprint once again for crappy customer service.

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: Buyer Beware!!!:::Samsung Galaxy S III IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.... so is the darn Otter Box they suggest you buy with it!

You're mad you have to spend the 150 bucks to get it replaced when you just bought it. Not an excuse to be an ace in a forum.

Of course Otterbox doesn't cover someone's phone damage with their case. that would be ridiculous. they warranty their case.  I empathize with your phone damage, but YOU dropped it. TEP does offer value especially in your case (full retail vs. deductible cost).

Basically what happened sucks. You've had a phone 10+ years though, you should probably know how the process works and def not gullible enough to think a case company would replace your phone. Don't know what to tell ya.

Journeyman

Re: Buyer Beware!!!:::Samsung Galaxy S III IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.... so is the darn Otter Box they suggest you buy with it!

Hello,

Which Otterbox case did you purchase: Commuter or Defender? I bought the Defender case because in the past, I have had good luck with Otterbox along with other people. My GSIII has been dropped out of my pocket numerous times with the Otterbox Defender case and has yet to break or shatter on me (knock on wood). Not even a scratch, except maybe a few scuffs on the case, but otherwise these cases have been a great investment to me, including in past devices. I am sorry that you experienced damage to your phone and I know it hurts having to shell out the money for the deductible. Unfortunately, if you read through the paperwork from the Otterbox, it does state that it can protect your phone from dings, scratches, and scratches in your screen. I have yet to find where they warrant your phone if it drops and the screen cracks. If that is the case, I am sure Otterbox would be out of business right now. It would be like buying a new car and the same day someone dings your door. Would you go back to the dealer expecting them to replace the car or repair it free of charge? No, they would tell you to either use your insurance or pay out of pocket. I wish you the best of luck and sorry again for your horrible phone experience. I hope you find some resolution into your issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat