cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i change how many times my phone rings

Journeyman

Can i change how many times my phone rings

I have been told my phone a million times before it goes to VM ...can i change how many time the phone rings

7 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Can i change how many times my phone rings

The amount of time the phone rings before going to voicemail is a system standard, you are unable to change that feature. We offer that on the Nextel network since it is a GSM network. The CDMA network, Sprint, is a system standard.

Journeyman

I have the Galaxy slll...i have been told that it has a funny ringtone that rings really fast as well...i have even used another phone to call mine and it rings 5x's before my phone starts to ring at all..some people hang up not know  that phone hasn't even started ringing

Wizard

By any chance do you own an Airave unit?

Journeyman

no i dont

Highlighted
Wizard

Oh okay. But no, we can not change the amount of times the phone rings on the Sprint CDMA network.

Journeyman hrf
Journeyman

This is absurd that this can not be changed now. On my first Sprint phone I was able to change the number of rings. This has been something that is phone controlled for years. Cell phone companies are over stepping their bounds by restricting something like this. This never should have been/be a system controlled feature. When the user sets a certain number of rings it then goes to voicemail. This has been an industry standard long before Cell Phones.

The "system" does not know my or your personal situation why you could answer a phone in 1 or 10 rings. It is not their decision to make. I am reporting a complaint into a supervisor at Sprint as well. This is an absurd restriction. Saying that the CDMA network cannot do this, is not an excuse nor is it acceptable. Well, hopefully Sprint will get on the ball and fix this.

Journeyman

This is crap! Crapping is standard. The log is a specific size. WTF!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.