cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete text messages?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't delete text messages?

Lately my phone has been bogging down a ton. I've narrowed it down to there being over 10,000 texts in a single thread. I've tried deleting the thread, I've tried using history eraser to delete all SMS to no avail, nothing has worked. Is there something that I might be missing here? Basically it won't let me delete text messages, I might be able to do a few at a time but it is constantly freezing and being buggy that it would take forever.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Can't delete text messages?

does the phone seem like it freezes up when youre trying to delete those texts? couple options...

1-delete them in smaller batches..this will take a while longer but it wont bog down your phone and make it freeze up on you

2-do the larger chunks but you still risk the phone freezing up...its a bit hit and miss..more hit though..

3-once one of these options work set it up to auto delete your texts at a certain point..you'll end up avoiding this headache down the road.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

last and final option would be to do a Factory Reset on the phone...but this will dump ALL of your personal info and take the phone right back to stock..i would leave this option as a last ditch effort/last resort.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

ryan7390,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Did you try any of the otions fireguy_6364 posted? Let me know if these help? They are your best options.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat