cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send mms

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't send mms

This issue just started today literally out of nowhere. I have the Samsung galaxy s3 and have had no issues what so ever until about 5 hours ago. I was trying to send a mms and it kept showing it was sending but about 15 minutes later each time, it would come back saying message failed. I've tried sending on and off wifi. I have also updated my profile and PRL just in case. Not sure what could be causing this...

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

Re: Can't send mms

Hey LauraRenee88,

I'm here and I can help. Are you trying to send the message to the same number each time or are you trying to send it to different numbers? Also, are you having any concerns with any of the other services, such as text, voice, or data? Let me know. We'll get this figured out for sure.

Talk to you shortly,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried sending to different numbers with different carriers to make sure it wasn't just a problem sending to one number. I have no other issues with voice or data.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

clear the cache and data on your texting app..odds are the fault is there..actually before doing that for giggles download a 3rd party messaging app like handcent or go sms...and try doing the same thing..if it works there but doesnt work on the stock messaging app there is your clue...if it STILL doesnt work then you can either delete that 3rd party app or keep it..but at least you know its not the stock app...then we can move on to other possibilities..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Try to also send the picture to yourself and see if it comes through. Thanks. *Paida

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did try this. Still it was to no avail.

Highlighted

LauraRenee88-

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with MMS! It's possible that you're in the midst of an outage. Can you provide me with your zipcode and cross streets? Also, are you by chance sending the MMS to the full 10 digit number?

Thanks for updating us!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I'm trying to send using the full 10-digit numbers. Zip code is 55123. Lexington Ave and Diffley Rd..

Highlighted

LauraRenee88-

Thanks for the reply! I checked out the area and I'm not seeing an outage in the area. Do you know of anyone else experiencing this issue within your area? Also, you stated this issue happened earlier today, did you perform a firmware update sometime in the past couple of days.

Thanks,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

This actually started last night. About 20 hours ago and is still ongoing. The day before last I had no issue sending. I don't know anyone with this problem and no I haven't performed a firmware update in the past few days. It's been weeks and is currently the most up to date.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

my guess is either the messaging app itself or something got changed up on her account and its now blocking them..especially since she said data and voice worked still..just not the mms messages..

by the by regular texts are able to send fine?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes regular texting works perfect. It's literally just mms.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat