cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send mms

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't send mms

I bought mine and my son a G III in Dec. and I have never been able to send mms but my son can...they tell me it's my conection however if I receive one from a friend and it has more them one recipiant I am unable to open it either. I believe it's a flaw with the III. I can't get any help from anyone and they say until updates have been done in my area there isn't anything they can do. I hate sprints service they suck!!!!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if your sons phone works fine but yours doesnt AND youre both in the same location then its a phone issue and not a network issue

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

did you already try a 3rd party messaging app to see if it is app related and not phone related? if the browser works fine then the mms messages should send without a hitch..they send over your data..mainly 3G and if im remembering right 4G....but not wifi..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did try a 3rd party and it worked. Slow but it did. I prefer to use stock messaging app however.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I became so fed up with this issue that last night I finally contacted a representative via chat. They were able to fix my issue. Had me turn my phone off while they did something on their end and had me type some code which seemed to prompt a reactivation in a way. Needless to say this all worked and miraculously, 4g LTE started working simultaneously. I didn't even switch the network over to LTE as I didn't even think it was working yet in my area despite reports from other people saying it did.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

odds are they did a network reset on your phone via computer...there is a way for you to do it as well ..one of the techs will have to give you the code to punch into your dial pad but its actually a better way to do it and you wont have to call into CS to have them do it..its pretty handy to keep around..basically it errased all your network information your phone had stored and made it look for a new connection like it was just removed from the box and turned on..glad it worked

Highlighted
Wizard

LauraRenee88,

Thanks for posting and I'm glad your issue was ameliorated. Fireguy_6364 is correct, we most probably pushed a programming code to your phone to intiate the same sequence of actions that occured when you first activated your device. The towers around you are new and the phone needs to recognize them and that's part of the programming. You can intiate the same sequence by updating your profile and prl; that will help with issues during the Network transition process. Let us know if you need further asssitance. Thanks for your patience and patronage, we appreciate it.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the profile and PRL update isnt the one i was thinking of..its the one that is like the reset for the iphones. (##update#)...actually i think for android phones it was ##72786#...for some reason that one keeps popping into my noggin..whichever one it is if memory serves on the newer phones you dont have to go through a bunch of steps and passwords anymore..it will just allow you right in to do it manually..doing the profile and PRL update doesnt flush any saved possibly bad info that was collected from other towers..

Highlighted
Wizard

fireguy_6364,

Thanks for all of your posts! The profile update and PRL allow the device to ping the Network and reestablish connections that may have become corrupted, which is normal if the phone remains on the channel for too long. It will also help create new connections to towers that have just started broadcasting.  These steps normally resolve any issues with services unless there is a tower outage. You are correct, the phones of today (except the iphone, still need to put in ##update#) have the functionality built into the settings.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is exactly what I had to type.. ##72786#. Updating profile and PRL does not perform the same sequence as allgood claimed. You have provided me with the most help. More so then the people on here associated with sprint even though I still had to contact them directly. For that I thank you.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah the older phones you would have to put in that code and then type in your special password that sprint would have to give to you..the newer phones if memory serves no longer needs that special code to do things like the network reset..which is one of the options that code leads you too..

also

##update# <~~iphones

##72786#  <~~android phones

##update# does nothing for the android phones that im aware of..even tested it a second ago...nadda

LauraRenee88 wrote:

That is exactly what I had to type.. ##72786#. Updating profile and PRL does not perform the same sequence as allgood claimed. You have provided me with the most help. More so then the people on here associated with sprint even though I still had to contact them directly. For that I thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the same problem since yesterday with my iPhone 6.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat