Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply all to a text

Journeyman

Cannot reply all to a text

I have a  Galaxy S3, and I'm trying to reply all to text messages.  I've read a bunch of messages about this in this forum, and all over the internet.  I've tried using 3rd party apps, but nothing is working. I cannot "reply all" to a text sent to multiple people.  I can send to multiple people, but not reply all. The option is not available on the menu.  When I get a message (in the default messaging app) sent to multiple people, I get the scree that shows the "video controls" play, pause etc. but no option to reply-all. I've tried handscent, gosms, and no luck.  My friend also has a Galaxy S3 with a different provider, and she gets a tab interface in the default message app to reply to group or individual.  Please help!  I think it must be Sprint and / or this phone??

20 REPLIES 20
Wizard

AELARKIN,

Thanks for the post. I know if you have a group message and reply, all the participants will get the reply. Currently there is nooption for reply all within the text messaging. Only if its an established group chat.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Sorry for the delay in answering. This web site really makes it hard to get logged in. When I "reply" to a message that someone else has sent as a group message it does NOT reply all. That's the problem.

1. Is there a way to change this/why is it NOT replying to all?

2. My friend has a GS3, with a different service provider - on her default messaging app (the one I'm using) there is a "group" and "individual" tab that allows her to pick how she wants to reply.  Why does she have this and I don't. It is b/c of the provider?

There are many people that have this issue.  Some can get it resolved using 3rd party apps. I do not get the reply-all feature using 3rd party apps either.  I'm convinced it's Sprint, or some config in my phone?  Some people can reply all...why can't I?

thanks!

Wizard

AELARKIN,

Thanks for the reply. I found a link that might help. http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/548439 , It seems the software has limitations, A third party app should fix this issue per the link. I have found this is happening to other GS3's with other carriers. Let me know if this helps.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

thnks, I've seen that link before while I was researching how to fix mine.  I've used Handscent SMS - there is NOT a reply all function (for me), and I do not have have a reply all feature on the built in messaging.  You say it's a software limitation, but that's confusing since my friend with an S3 has this functionality on the built in message app.

Maybe I'll have to switch phone companies?  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Wizard

AELARKIN,

Thanks for the reply. I do apologize that your not able to reply all on your GS3. Unfortunately our version of the device does not have the option. I do know if you are in a group text and reply on it you will reply to all the contacts in that group. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Threatening with switching providers because you can't send texts to multiple people at once is a petty reason and you could use something like Voxer's group chat or even Samsung's own software, ChatOn...

What's wrong with facebook messenger? My daughter does it all the time with her iPhone...and she does the same thing with Voxer and iMessage. There's ways to make it work besides jumping on that threatening bandwagon.  I find it amusing when people threaten to switch...mainly because it's like saying "hey Sprint...I'm going to {carrier} and pay them more money to do the same thing, except I'm buying me some data caps"

dead-horse11.jpg

Journeyman

Victor, I assure you it doesn't work, but thanks.

Journeyman

Jon,  I'm glad it works for your daughter, it won't for either of mine.  Since I have a GS3 I can't do IMessage, but I'll check out Voxer; not everyone uses Facebook, so that's what's wrong with that.  I've tried many other 3rd party apps, and they don't work for replying all.

I've been with Sprint for 15 years, and I have 3 phones on my account. I've been a loyal customer, but I'm frustrated because I can't get this to work. If you have any other specific ideas or suggestions I'll be glad to listen! 

thanks for your input.

Wizard

AELARKIN,

Thanks for the reply. I want to see this through. Please let us know if there is something I can look into for you. I will assist in any way I can. I still think you should be able to reply to a group message if already initiated. I know some users will get a separate text from you, like a Iphone user would texting a Android. But let me know if you do need anything.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Victor, I'm not sure what we can do. I guess you could initiate a group text to me and someone else there, and I could reply and see that it goes back just to you?  My "group" of friends routinely initiate group texts, so that's why  I know when I reply it only goes back to the person that sent it.  They are all on different carriers (than Sprint).   I can't really ask them to join up on Voxer or ChatOn just for me. 

I've been reading other solutions that have something to do with how my contacts are setup, like what account (Samsung,  etc) created them. I can't imagine that would really have anything to do with it?

If sending me a text is something that we can do, tell me how to get my information to you privately.

thanks!

Journeyman

My family also can't use group txt messaging on this phone.

Friends who use the iPhone have no trouble.

Google Hangout is used though.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat