cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Navigation/Map App Will Not Plot Routes From Current Location

Highlighted
Journeyman

Default Navigation/Map App Will Not Plot Routes From Current Location

I'm running Android v. 4.3 on the S III.

Since this past Saturday (4/19/14) I've been having problems with the default Navigation/Map app. At first, I kept getting a "Not Found" error, as in I would ask it to navigate to a stored location like "Home" or "Work" and the response would be "No results for Home." Yes, I had an active WiFi connection.  That problem seemed to sort itself out after a couple of days.

Now since yesterday I've encountered a bug as frustrating.  The route plotting routine refuses to use plot routes from "My Location" despite clearly having that information.  How do I know it knows where I am? Because the little blue dot is sitting on the map right where I am.  So GPS is working, and the app clearly has access to it, but when I ask it to plot a route from "My Location" to "Home," for example, it chooses a seemingly random location usually several miles away as the starting point instead of where the blue dot is.

I've tried restarting the phone and clearing the cache for the Maps app. I have not yet tried the "Clear Data" option because I am afraid that will delete all of my favorited locations.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Default Navigation/Map App Will Not Plot Routes From Current Location

Stan314159,

We appreciate you reaching out. Have you checked to make sure that you are using the most current version of the Maps app? I would recommend visiting the My App section of the play store to make sure that the app is up to date.

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Default Navigation/Map App Will Not Plot Routes From Current Location

Yes. The last update was on April 4. The Play Store does not indicate that any more recent update is available.

Last night the "No Results" bug returned.  Then this morning, things were working correctly again.  So for now, the problem is resolved, although it is frustrating that there is no discernible pattern to what's causing the problem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat