cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone think/believe SAMSUNG could fear losing sales due to SPRINT not having LTE?

Journeyman

Does anyone think/believe SAMSUNG could fear losing sales due to SPRINT not having LTE?

Sprint has long since lied about LTE service. Samsung Has long since created "smartphones" that have no LTE service. Sprint customers buy into this "LTE" phantom with SAMSUNG making out like a bandit? should sprint customers stop purchasing these phones since many of us have no clue what is "Sprint LTE" is or was this just a sales pitch?

23 REPLIES 23
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Does anyone think/believe SAMSUNG could fear losing sales due to SPRINT not having LTE?

Hi CHANGEUP.

My Samsung Galaxy S III has LTE service. It's actually terrific when you're in an area where Sprint has launched the LTE network.

You can check out this tutorial to learn more about turning on and off the 4G connection on your Galaxy S III.

Enable or Disable 4G Connection - Samsung Galaxy S III

Where are you located at? You can check your coverage at http://coverage.sprint.com and learn more about the LTE rollout at http://www.sprint.com/4glte.

GrandMaster

Re: Does anyone think/believe SAMSUNG could fear losing sales due to SPRINT not having LTE?

really? is att's LTE nationwide and in every single location that hey have service? nope..do they still sell phones that are LTE capable in areas that dont have LTE? yep...does verizon have nationwide LTE coverage in every area that they have service? nope..are they still kicking out LTE phones in areas that dont have LTE? yep...tmobile?..same answer as above..

this isnt anything new sport...they ALL do it..no one can stop sales of certain things in certain locations.

CHANGEUP wrote:

Sprint has long since lied about LTE service. Samsung Has long since created "smartphones" that have no LTE service. Sprint customers buy into this "LTE" phantom with SAMSUNG making out like a bandit? should sprint customers stop purchasing these phones since many of us have no clue what is "Sprint LTE" is or was this just a sales pitch?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Sprint is currently in the process of deploying LTE on nearly all of the towers (~100 will not be upgraded due to area limitations, out of ~38,000). AT&T is only planning on upgrading ~70% of their network to LTE, Verizon hasn't announced an exact number of towers to be upgraded, but their current deployment technique is to cover large areas, not to offer overall capacity in every area.

While Sprint may have started the LTE rollout last of the three, Sprint is the only carrier currently deploying across the entire network, including highways in between metropolitan areas.

Sprint has started work in ~150 cities with full deployments already happening in many of them in the last 6 months alone since the rollotu started. Verizon's LTE network is going on 2 years now and they still don't have full coverage on all towers. By the time Sprint's network deployment is at the 2 year mark, Network Vision will be wrapping up the last few towers if not entirely completed.

GrandMaster

yah i know..i was pointing out a few facts for the OP...all i know is im waiting for it to be in my area..had a few backhaul upgrades around my area..sadly i can snap out 1mbps-2mbps on 3G in the early mornings..soon as it hits about 8am-10amish i can barely pull 100mbps down..killin me with these band aide fixes lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

forgot to ask..how exaclty has sprint lied about LTE service? its currently in deployment all over the place...what was the lie?

CHANGEUP wrote:

Journeyman

I have a Galaxy S3, but I presently do not have LTE service.  BUT...before I bought the GS3, I asked if LTE either was, or is in my area at the moment.  The answer was a clear NO, not yet, but it IS coming in the very near future.  OK, great.  I'll take the Pebble Blue!

I keep up with the latest Sprint news about LTE deployment, and what-do-you-know...it's now being deployed in my area.  Good for me!  I'll see it before I know it!

I asked the right questions before I bought into the LTE craze, so no problem!

I'm guessing OP didn't ask about LTE before the sale because...and I directly quote..."should sprint customers stop purchasing these phones since many of us have no clue what is "Sprint LTE" is or was this just a sales pitch?"

If you have no clue what LTE is, why did you buy into without asking all you need to know about it first?  I...I...just can't wrap my mind around that statement!  o_0  Nobody lied, someone just didn't ask questions first.  Why would I buy a car without test driving it first?  Why would I buy something at the grocery store without looking at it first to see what it is?  Why would I buy an LTE phone without first asking if LTE is in my area?

/I'm sorry.  My rant is over now.

Journeyman

I am with CTRL here, I went to the store, told them the main reason I was interetsted was 4G LTE and they said :"hey you know we are not a 4g area yet but it will be here soon", so I said OK got my phone.  Fast forward a couple of months and I am getting GREAT 4G LTE speeds all over town (Indianapolis, IN).  I wasn't lied to, wasn't mislead in anyway, I knew it was going to be "shakey" at first but now that it is turned on it is fantastic AND I have no data cap/slowdown to deal with.

Journeyman

Well Said Ctrl_Alt_Del  

The OP is yet another example of a consumer who failes to educate him self about the product they are buying.

Im in a partially built out LTE area my self. Enjoy LTE at work and 3G at home..

Heck the EVO LTE came out for sale befoe ANY lte was actually turned on. We had to wait weeks before the initial markets who had LTE got the green light to start recieving it..

Im still hoping it comes on where i live.. (both in Dallas, TX by the way) but its such a large area it takes time..

Journeyman

What you fail to realize is... it was nothing more than a simple question!! Fact is, I checked with several Sprint reps by phone and on liine and THEY ALL SAID THE SAME THING!!! One even told me that i would still get 4G service. This is a complete lie!!! Im well educated on the product I purchased but the service that suppose to come with it is ever changing. I simply was misinformed.. PERIOD!!! Still to this day, I have no 4G... 4G/LTE ... or LTE service!!! the story changed from 6/12 to end of the year ... to coming soon! Hell, the end of the world has been coming soon! If you choose to sit back and HOPE it comes to your area, thats your call. Me personally, I dont pay for HOPE ... I believed I was paying for a service and HOPING hasn't gotten you the service yet!

Journeyman

I think you missed the point.... I said, many of us have no clue what sprint LTE is .... BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE IT!!!!! Not even the 4G that I use to have!!!

Journeyman

And you dont think its poor training on sprints part.

I would tend to believe that its improper training on their part rather then them telling you a blatant lie.

Many times when i have called into support their first tier often is not informed of many things.

I think this thread is bogus anyway. Another thing you fail to take into consideration is that Samsung manufcaturers these devices in all sorts of configurations world wide.
SPRINT is a small fish in the pond of smart phone sales for Samsung.

oh and just FYI, if your on Sprint Network, eventually you will get LTE.. thought i would mention that.. might take a while but there, you heard it from someone whom is not a sprint employee but a somewhat happy customer.

I also dont need to sit back and HOPE it comes to my area. It already is. Sitting in my office with 4G lit up on my EVO LTE right now.. Might switch to my GS3 in a bit and see how well it handles LTE..

Oh and another FYI, sorry i keep reading your statements and finding all the thigns that need correcting.

You are paying for voice and data services. Sprint is adding a technology to improve that. RIght now your on 3G EVDO. Guess What. You ARE getting what you are paying for.

I encourage you to cancel your contract of your WORKING phone, pay the ETF, (unless a rep tells you you dont have to or you do but be carefull they lie according to you ) switch to Verizon or ATT, pay MORE for thier service and compalin about something on thier forums..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat