cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to SMS Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email to SMS Issue

Our work email contains a dash in the email address ex: jwhite@mycar-ab.com.  A lot of us use email to sms, a coworker just got the S3 and now when anyone sends him an email it drops the dash in our address, so when he tries to reply he just gets an error.  I've tried many fixes.... 1. I sent him a message and signed it with my email address so the text would include a link - when he clicks on the link to reply it drops the dash.  2 I tried different text apps rather than the native one.  3. Another coworker is running Ice Cream Sandwich so I sent him a message and it came through fine so it doesn't look like it's an Ice Cream Sandwich issue.

I called Sprint tech support and got nowhere, she told me he'd have to go to the store to have them look at it.  Which he did, the 'tech' told him you can't send messages that way... even though he showed her a message he had received... nope she's never heard of that.

There's clearly some sort of bug here i'm not sure if it will require a software update either from Samsung or Sprint.  I just wanted to get this issue out there so someone hears about it or looks into it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Email to SMS Issue

That does sound like a strange issue.

Is your coworker able to send it to that email address by manually typing it?

To me, it seems like something you'd have to address with Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Email to SMS Issue

Having the same issues with my family trying to reply to my SMS from yahoo. They see the messages and try to reply but it is not received on my end. spoke with tech support and they said there were no restrictions on my account and that SMS messaging should work. Also went to the sprint store and was told there was nothing wrong with GS5 but still will not work. Was sent to another store and still no help. I work offshore so had to download skype to communicate with my family or use email! need an alternative!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat