cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five problems with my S3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Five problems with my S3

I've been having many  problems with my S3 the past few weeks and I just wanted some advice about it.  The closest repair center is an hour drive one way .. so maybe some of this is an easy fix.  Because I can't really afford a 2 hour trip just to get my phone fixed. 

1.  Sprint Zone won't open on my phone.  When I click on it -- the screen goes white and then I get an error message that says:  Sorry, unfortunately Sprint Zone has stopped.  This has been going on for a week. 

2.  Constantly dropping into "roaming".  I have a 3G signal in my kitchen and living room, but in the bedroom and front yard of my house - I'm on roam.  ???  I'm on 3G at my desk -- but walk to the coffee pot and I'm on roam.   This has been going on for SEVERAL months.  In May someone at a sprint store told me the towers in my area were being upgraded?? How long does that take?

3. I don't know if it's because the signal is crappy or what .. but within 3 hours of being off the charger my battery is completely dead.  I'm constantly having to charge it .. and for most of the day, my phone is just sitting on my desk.  I would understand if I was watching movies on it or doing something that sucks up battery life -- but I'm not.  At best, all I'm doing is checking my email, sending a few texts and reading facebook.

4. Phone shuts off and reboots without any warning ... doesn't matter if its just sitting on the table or if I'm in the middle of a call.  It just shuts off completely and restarts.  Once its all the way back on -- the screen is completely frozen and then I have to take the battery out to make it work again.  At first I thought this was happening because I had a low battery .. but it just happened and the phone was on the charger.  This happens 5-6 times a day.   I use this phone for work .. .not cool to have it shut off when I'm talking to a client. 

5.  Keyboard has a mind of its own.  When I'm typing an email or text .. the keyboard/phone autofills in the word  (even though I have this function disabled)  and its no word that I'm typing.  It's like its own language.  When I try to back up and correct it, the screen freezes or I get an error that the keyboard has stopped working. 

any advice would be helpful.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Five problems with my S3

I'm having the same issue with Sprint zone for almost a week now. Battery lasts a little longer than yours does but not by much and my activity sounds the same as yours. Smh. This phone cost too much to be doing this.

Highlighted
Wizard

navyfltnrz,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear about your issue with the S3. Let me see if I can help although some of your issues sound device related and would require you to see a tech. Use this link to see if there are any closer than an hour away. www.sprint.com/storelocator

1. Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall?

2.A data profile update may help. Let me know if you need the steps. This can usually be found in settings.

3.Check to see if you have apps running in the background. GPS /bluetooth/wifi are off.

4.& 5. would be a device issue that a tech would need to look into.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

TSims35,

Thanks for the post. I suggest the same delete the app and reinstall it. Let us know if this helps.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do you delete and reinstall sprint zone app

Highlighted
Master

tavo60 -- To uninstall/reinstall Sprint zone app on the Galaxy S3, tap the menu button, then go to settings. From settings, click on the More tab, then tap Application manager. Scroll to the right and tap All, then scroll down to and tap Sprint Zone, and finally, click Uninstall Updates. The next time you start the app, it will prompt for an update. I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions or still need assistance with this. Thank you. --Toya, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem on my galaxy s3. Can someone help us please!!!! I want my data back. Otherwise im paying extra money for nothing!!!!

Highlighted
Master

MENCHACAV00,

Thank you for reaching out. Please clarify the data problems you are having with your S3. If its data services, go to the phone dialer, press ##72786# device will restart, and wait for several updates to complete. Let me know if this helps.

Hirscht

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat