cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY S3 ISSUE????

Journeyman

GALAXY S3 ISSUE????

Im having this problem with my brand spankin new phone.... i noticed this issue the day after i got it just decided to still stick with the phone ANYWAYS it seems that when you lower your brightness put on a black wallpaper and go into a completely BLACKED out room you can see black spots on the screen, its not noticeable on regular use or if you have your brightness up at night, it only appears if you recreate those conditions i stated earlier......... i researched a little and it turns out its a issue with HD Samoled screens so not only the s3 has this issue but also the Galaxy Nexus...many people on those forums exchanged the phone but ended up with more or less black spots, so i decided since theres no point in exchanging (cause i'd probably get more black spots) im just going to stick with it. Its not really a big deal because it isnt noticable unless im using my phone in bed.Anyone else have this issue? try going in a blacked out room and rebooting your phone and when the white text SAMSUNG comes on the black background look around for pixels that are darker then others!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: GALAXY S3 ISSUE????

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK IN LOADING SCREENS like when a game or before a youtube video on the balck screen look around for pixels that are darker then others...

Journeyman

This is a known issue with the screen they used and will not be going away and can not be changed or swapped for a "non black spots" version.

Journeyman

Wasn't going to exchange it because like I said it is not visible during normal use but good to know!

Journeyman

Honey you have waited toooooo long to receive that device..YOU SHOULD RETURN IT otherwise it will cintinue to bother you.....You dont want to return it because you like the device and you waited too long for it to let it go, but DONT settle for LESS GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH!!!! Return it because 30 days are gonna fly by so quick .....NIP it NOW!!!!! becuase the more customising you  do the more its gonna be a bother to you, so exchange that thing! LOL.......I would! You dint wait all this time for NO JUNK!!!!!!!  Even if you have to exchange it 12x before the 30 days are up!!!!!! Somebody's gonna do their Job!!!!!   DONT SETTLE FOR THAT!!!!! You paid Perfect Money you need a FLAWLESS screen..........Your $$$ wasn't wet, or damaged, or returned when you paid it was it???? LOL.....My point exactly! Case closed....Lol

Wizard

It is not 30 days anymore. Now it is only 14 days for return.

Journeyman

Im having this issue as well.  I noticed it last night when I was in bed.  Im not sure what to do about it. 

Journeyman

I want to set everybody's mind at ease about this. This is common with ALL AMOLED displays. This is nothing to worry about at all. It is completely normal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys mention spots. I got streaks some thinner than others on the right and left side running horizontal. From the descriptions I've read it sounds like its a bit more extreme than the "spots" mentioned.

Journeyman

I had streaks also and called sprint and told them about my situation, a. Few minutes of twisting the reps arm we came to an agreement that since I was still within my 14 days sprint would send me a BRAND NEW unopened galaxy s3 heck they even asked me what color I wanted lol anyways they sent it to my house with one day shipping, the new device has 1 tiny dot but that is way better then the 3 huge streaks and few dots my old s3 had..

P.s. they will tell you that you NEED to come in to a sprint store to check it out, B.S. they just try and go through every option to not have to send you a new device, just say "I don't have transportation and the nearest sprint store is miles away can you send me a replacement unit?" I have used this line countless times works like a charm

Journeyman

I called Sprint and got a brand new GSG3... and it has the same blochting issues with the screen.  Though there are fewer spotches in the newer one. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat