Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS III Signal Issues Question - please help!

Journeyman

GS III Signal Issues Question - please help!

I haven't pre-ordered the phone or bought one yet, I wanted to surf the forums to see if there were any issues with the phone.  Currently I have a Nexus S 4G and ever since I purchased the phone, I've had signal issues - when my phone goes into roam it won't go back to the Sprint network once I'm in a known Sprint area.  I have to turn the phone off and on to get back onto the network.  Also, where I work, I have horrible to no signal at all so I miss a lot of calls and texts during the day.  The phone can't keep a signal to save my life.  So I wanted to make sure that this new phone wouldn't give me the same issues as I'm having now.  I'm reading through these forums and I'm seeing signal issues, but I can't determine if they are issues with the poor 3G speeds or actual phone signal issues like with making calls, texts and having/keeping a good signal to receive calls and texts.  I live out in the West LA area, so does anyone have a GS III that lives out here and can share their signal experience?  Thanks!  Even if you don't live out here if you can share your experience on making and receiving calls and texts, that would be great.  There's no sense in buying a new phone and starting another 2 year contract on a phone that will give me the same signal issues.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: GS III Signal Issues Question - please help!

I would wait for Sprint to say something about the signal issues concernng the Evo Lte and Samsung III. Both have been experiencing signal reception problems which are due to the Phone and Sprint's Network.

Some people report good network and voice response while others report otherwise. There is a problem but Sprint seems to be indifferent to any customer concerns other then the Techs who help around the Forums.

Google Wallet is not working on the Evo Lte and Samsung III and Google is working on the fix and they and only they are reporting any type of update. [Problem has been reported by some users of both phones,

and it may not be all phones]. Has Sprint said anything about a FUNCTION [NFC] of one their phones which was a selling point? NO they have not! Will the signal problems go away when the improvements to 3G and 4G

go online like they are on July 15th in certain areas? I hope so! But we as customers are paying 10 dollars for Premium Data which we as a group are not receiving. If you buy a phone from Sprint, ensure you check it out completely,

read the Forums and be prepared for a network that will not meet the expectations of the phone. Make sure you are within your 14 days of return so as not to create a hassle for yourself. I have been a customer of Nextel and now Sprint

for 15 Years and their service has improved greatly and the employees on the front lines do their best, but it seems that the People in the Boardroom need to walk among the workers and customers to experience

the situation they have created.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat