Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS3 and B/S Fees

Highlighted
Journeyman

GS3 and B/S Fees

My battery life sucks on my GS3. And I have no apps on my phone besides the ones that came with it. I have been a sprint customer for nearly 5years. And no one has tried to help me! Weres the customers satisfactory so i called sprint because I took off the insurance plan because they were trying to charge me 150$ for a 3rd party insurance fee for a refurbished phone! I said kiss ass dude. So we pay all this money for insurance added onto the bill to get sent a refurbished phone and pay a fee to get it like wth is going on! Does anyone agree!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Master

GabeeRoyal

Hi there. Unfortunately, deductibles are the nature for all insurance policies, car, health, home, etc. So, let's try to figure out why the battery is draining. Do you charge the phone all day or do you use it until it's out of juice and then charge it? When you charge it, do you get to 100%25? When you unplug it from the wall, do you notice a significant drop in the battery percentage? Does the phone get really hot when in use? Are your apps and phone software completely up to date? Have you thought of getting trying a new battery to see if that helps?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah but car , health and home insurance dont give you a refurbished item that already been sent in due to problems already .

sprints refurbished phones are phones that have been sent in and returned due to issues all the techs do is master reset them and make a call , receive a call , test incoming out going texts and jump online if that all passes , they put a sticker in the battery compartment with the date printed on it showing when It was refurbished and tested...so 30 seconds of testing is NOT real life usage ... thus those problems will come back again and then result in another customer having to deal with someone else's old problems before they had to return it..

Im sorry but when a customer buys a nee phone and pays insurance on it and of some unfortunate happens and needs to be replaced shouldn't be given a used pos..n should be a new one.. just kike T-Mobile does

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if you jump ship and go to either verizon or att you'll be dealing with the same insurance company...asurian..they all deal with them..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

bluedevils2003 When I get off work I am a customer as well so I understand where you are coming from. Sprint follows industry standard when it comes to refurbished and replacement devices. You don't have to take my word for that either just do a Google search comparing cell phone company policy's. With that said on my end as a tech I can tell you about 87% of the devices we get back from customers have no problems at all. Most of the time the issues are with something software related or the customer tried rooting the phone, and when we refurbish a device with something like a cracked screen sometimes we're sending out device that were used for a week before the customer dropped and broke the screen. That's why I knowing both end of the spectrum don't think so negatively of refurbished devices and rather pay the insurance. In my case since I have a Galaxy Note 3 I'd  have to $659 for a new phone if I wasn't covered and not in all cases is the device refurbished some cases do get new devices especially if your device is no longer in rotation or if we no longer sell the model. *Clyde Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

At&t replaces phones with mew ones .. thus going to tjem4 in july when contract is up... thank god

Highlighted
Journeyman

New* them*

Highlighted
Wizard

You better check what youre talking about

File an insurance claim to replace your device - AT&T Wireless

They do use Asurion to replace their phones also. Your claim and nonsense that you spew all over the forums is inaccurate. I was with AT&T and had to file a claim after dropping my phone in water last year and it was replaced with a refurbished phone which from my knowledge is a phone that has all the inside parts that are replaced and tested before being sent out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not being negative I'm being honest lets see Here's my list of phones and issues that landed me a replacement and ALL refurbished phones

- original HTC evo 7 replacements all refurbished

Finally after the 7th replacement they offered me a different device so I was excited and they basically upgraded me to the htc evo 3d... when it arrived and I went to put battery into phone guess what I seen ?... you guessed it a refurbished pos yet again.... guess how many replacements I went through with that device ? 4 again all 4 devices were refurbished

You would think after having 11 refurbished phone they finally just give a new phone...NOPE

I was actually thinking about dropping the insurance because it honestly don't help you in the long run...

for example you have n3 and have to pay 700 for a new one if you didn't have insurance so the deductible is what 200-300? Mean while 200-300 for a refurbished phone to me is a joke and dumb... smart people would just buy the phone out right at least its brand new and you know there's nothing with the phone and no one else has had it

plus if you have just say 4 issue's with 4 n3 refurbished phone's all those times you have to be on phone with a tech with very little if any experience , then wait times at a warranty centers to turn phone in , then more wait time to see what is wrong with it , followed by waiting for a replacement. .. all that time , gas , energy wasted and hassle by NOT ALL but most sprint cs reps /techs better off just buying a new n3 straight out

now your p**s poor example of someone only having a phone for a week and dropping it and the screen needs to be replaced .. ok.. so the phone gets screen replaced they do their 30 second test , stamp the sticker and place in phone and ready to go... now here's the problem the phone its self was still dropped , that's not good for any electronic period ... and if you don't see the problem of replacing a screen with a phone that's been dropped and only been tested for 30 seconds and a quick over look then there's something wrong with you and sprint ... you all and we has consumer's know dropped electronics are trashed and be tossed out and not be a quick turn around buck for sprint this just shows how inconsiderate sprint is...

common sense the phone was dropped it should be automatically tossed in the garbage not ripping customers off

Now to anyone else reading this I just upgraded my 3rd line from best buy ... please drop your insurance with sprint and get it through best buy way better , friendly cs reps/techs and more specials on upgrades. as well you get 3 claims per year with best buy , rather then just 2 from sprint and they will replace your phone with a NEW one as well

Just upgraded to s4 for $1.07 at best buy... sprint still wants like $99 for it and $49 for a s3 lmao $49 for a 2 year old phone gtfo ... jfyi s3 free at best buy

How do I know this ? Just bought s4 last Saturday and I accidentally dropped my phone didn't damage phone cosmetically but did something inside .. ( didn't tell best buy that )

they couldn't find issue , couldn't fix it ...BAM NEW replacement phone no cost

thank you for reading my concerns , problems , FACTS and helping best buy

you all have a wonderful day and enjoy your day

Highlighted
Journeyman

You got ripped off then..lol.. they seen you coming!!! friend just got his s5 replaced last week after dropping it down a flight of stairs .. replacement came in brand new box phone battery and accessories

p.s stop trolling me and I wasn't even f**king talking to you thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also they only open the phone to make sure the parts are not moving around if everything is in its place they close it off and send it out

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keep trying to cover for sprint...they absolutely horrible and with them buying terrorist mobile its going to get even worse

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat