cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S 3 does not notify me of new voicemail messages.

Journeyman

Galaxy S 3 does not notify me of new voicemail messages.

So I recently realized my galaxy s3 was no longer showing notifications for new voicemails. I initially subscribed to that voicemail service/option that's stock on the Galaxy S3 that turns your voicemail into texts. Once my subscription was up I decided I wasn't going to renew it. Pretty much ever since then  I've had people  ask me if I have got their voicemail message and I always thought that they never left one. Come to find out I had a bunch of voicemails I never knew about because I'm never notified when I receive one. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tags (5)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S 3 does not notify me of new voicemail messages.

I'm not getting a notification icon or sound. I have removed third party apps like go sms as indicated by the help trouble shooting. Nothing.  I tried uninstalling the latest voicemail update, yet still no luck.

Journeyman

Same with me, I don't get any type of notification icon or sound. I haven't tried uninstalling the voicemail updates yet and I don't have go SMS or anything like that..it sorta seems like that voice mail to text subscription thing is the only way to get notifications, which means that voicemail would be a paid service which is crap because there ain't no way Im going to pay for some service just so I can get voicemail notifications.This is annoying because I've missed a few important voice mails already

nhwingate

Sorry to hear of the issues with your device. Have you had troubleshooting done with the device yet? Have you tried to power cycle the device?  On most devices you can call your own number , leave an urgent voicemail, and then go in and check it, and this will trigger the notifications. Also, so you know you can still call in and check your voicemail , by pressing the voicemail cassette reel on the dial keypad, or press and hold the number 1 to check voicemail. The subscription has nothing to do with retrieving voicemail. Try these steps.  Let us know. We are here to help. Thank you for reaching out to us on Sprint Community, if you need additional assistance let us know.  If we do not hear back in 48hrs we will consider the case resolved. We look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know what the power cycle thing means unless you mean letting your battery fully run out until you recharge it. I did the urgent voice mail thing and that did not work. Other than those things I gave up on trying to fix it because it was agitating and if it takes more than that to fix the stock voice mail app then that's retarded. So I just downloaded a voice mail app from the play store that actually gives me notifications for my voice mails

Journeyman

I also have stopped receiving voice mails over the past several days. Please give me directions a little more clearly than they have been posted. Or please give me a phone number for support that I can call from another phone.

nhwingate

Power cycle means to power down the device completely and then restart. Glad you got an app to take care of it. However, If you do want to correct the issue I would take it into a service and repair location if all else failed to fix the issue. Thanks for reaching out.

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Erica, forgive me but I don't think this is a service and repair issue. My GS3 & GF's have this problem also. I'm rooted she's not. I (we)  noticed the issue post 4.1.2 update. Its a real nuisance... I hope somebody figures it out.  

Journeyman

How can you possibly think this is an issue with individual phones? A simple Google search shows thousands of message board entries with the exact same problem as the people have posted here. I switched to Sprint 3 months ago. I have never EVER been able to get a voicemail notification to show up on any of the phones on our account. I have read message boards from Windows users as well as Android and Apple. All of us are having the exact same problem. I am completely disgusted with the way Sprint is handling this issue. Nobody is getting any resolution. They are only being told there is something wrong with the phone or something they did wrong or Sprint is working on the problem. If this is a "known" issue and Sprint is working on the problem, how come customer care reps, tech support and you all on the message boards are not telling us that up front? Instead we are told to update this, re-install that, reset to factory specs or reboot the phone. By the time a customer does all of this to their phone, talks to customer service and/or tech support dozens of times and searches for a solution online, it is too late for the customer to return the phone or cancel the contract. Now I am stuck with Sprint unless I want to pay a huge penalty or go through the hassle of suing for breach of contract because Sprint is not providing the services I am entitled to under my contract. The latter is beginning to look like the only possible solution if Sprint doesn't resolve this quickly.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat