cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Auto Correct

Journeyman

Galaxy S3 Auto Correct

Hello, are people seeing an issue where the S3 stock keyboard is not autocorrecting mispelled words? When i used to text it would correct the word for me if it was close enough. Now it will just take anything and i have to keep going back and fixing all words. Please let me know. It just recently starting happening on my phone.

19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's not just your phone. The same thing just recently started happening with mine as well. I've gone into keyboard settings and reset to default, and still no auto correct or spell check. It doesn't even capitalize "i" when i type it in even though that's on the auto substitution list. Any ideas out there?

Journeyman

Thank for the response. Same here. I have reset settings to default. I do not want to reset my device because if that doesn't work I will be pissed.

Journeyman

Having the same problem here. Looking for some resolution. I bought the phone and started it up yesterday. Everything seemed great and today I went to text and I have noticed none of the Auto correct functions working. Not for both default keyboard types (swipe or samsung). Things such as "i" don't switch to "I" and "dont" doesn't switch to "don't".

My temporary solution is to download Ice Creme Sandwich Keyboard, but this won't suffice. I just bought and spent money on this phone I would like for a basic function to work as advertised. I have also checked ever setting and adjusted all/reset all and restarted the phone.

Let us know of a solution!

Journeyman

JMOD26 wrote:

Hello, are people seeing an issue where the S3 stock keyboard is not autocorrecting mispelled words? When i used to text it would correct the word for me if it was close enough. Now it will just take anything and i have to keep going back and fixing all words. Please let me know. It just recently starting happening on my phone.

This happened to mine when I updated to the latest software version release (L710VPL13). Before this release, my stock keyboard worked just fine since day one (which was over 3 months now). I also had to download "Ice Cream Sandwhich keyboard" because texting was a pain. I also began getting issues with lag on folders in my external SDcard that had a whole lot of pic / video files. Check out this thread that shows other issues with the latest release.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98628?start=60&tstart=0

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue since this latest update. I loved the autocorrect function and would love to have it back! I'm not sure if this is a gltch or if this is going to be permanent but they need to bring it back!!

Journeyman

Ohhhh, thank goodness, I have been having problems with this, and was about to throw my phone against the wall.  This is the first Smartphone I have owned that did not have a QWERTY keyboard built in.  I tested the keyboard out extensively in the store and was very happy with the results, but since I the update this key inputs have been as horrible as ever and extremely frustrating.  I agree this needs to be fixed and FIXED SOON!!!

Journeyman

BTW worst part about this all - all the misspelled words are ending up in the "My Words" folder as being correct and acceptable. NOT GOOD at all!!!

Journeyman

I've noticed it too, ever since my phone did that damn update - they need to hurry & fix this. Kinda pissed me off when I called the store though and they were oblivious... The last thing I want to do is bring my phone back to the store

Journeyman

& also, after paying that much for the phone I shouldn't have to pay for a new keyboard app to fix a glitch that's no bueno