cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Auto Correct

19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct

how did you turn auto correct off ? I hate it!

Journeyman

So I just got done speaking with a Samsung Rep, nice guy named Kevin.  Here is exactly what he said to me:

Kevin: Would you mind If I take 3 minutes while I gather the required information on your request?

Visitor: No, that should be fine!

Kevin: Thank you.

Kevin: Thank you for holding.

Kevin: I have checked the information in our database.

Kevin: I'm sorry. After the Jelly Bean update Auto-Substitute or Spell Correction feature is not available for the keyboard input.

I find that very very annoying, but at least it is an answer straight from Samsung.

Wizard

I'd be very interested in hearing an official answer about why it changed as well.  As I posted in the other thread, a co-worker seems to think the change in autocorrect came as a result of the Apple-Samsung lawsuit.  He couldn't show me anything that supported that.  It is a real shame...it was the most useful feature of my phone and now the biggest source of frustration.

Journeyman

I was told it was an update in response to all of the complants of it picking the wrong word... i hate it personally.. so many misspelled words are now saved in my file.. but swype works almost the same... almost

Journeyman

I called Sprint & their answer was to do a factory reset which I think is complete BS

Journeyman

I would like someone to answer this question because this keyboard is driving me insane.

Journeyman

I've never had this issue on my phone. However, I never really liked the autocorrect or other functionality of the samsung keyboard. I would recommend looking into the Swype Beta. It works much better than samsung keyboard. If you had the original Epic 4G, then you should remember the effectiveness of Swype over the samsung keybaord. Check here for more information:

http://www.swype.com/get-swype/how-do-i-get-swype/

Journeyman

This happen to my Galaxy S3 too after the update!  Drives me crazy.  Sprint, can you provide any insight into a fix for this or the timeframe for when this will be addressed?  Thanks!

Wizard

It doesn't appear that Samsung Keyboard's has auto-correct anymore, but I like Swype MUCH better in any case.  And that doesn't make me unhappy as auto-correct was more of a pain for me and I turned it off.

Swype doesn't have an auto correct (from the options I see), but it does provide alternate word choices as you type which works well enough for me.  If you are using the Swype tracing function, auto-correct is moot as you have to kind of spell the word correctly anyhow, but that is again where the alternate word choices work great for me.

Journeyman

I thought I was the only one having the keyboard problem...makes me want to switch to an iPhone to be honest. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?? Like someone said before, I paid too much money for this phone to have to buy a keyboard app.