Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 'Device Vibration'

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3 'Device Vibration'

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with my phone, or if it is an S3 issue...

I received my 16gb model on Thursday, and things are great so far.  However, for some reason I cannot get the device vibration setting to do anything besides 'basic call' even when I change it to ther others.  The way to change vibrate settings seem a little strange.

I know that there are the global sound settings, and then the internal Messaging settings (which I am most concerned about).  For example, in the global sound settings, I have Heartbeat enabled, and also Sound and Vibration checked off.  In the internal messaging settings, I have Vibrate -> Always vibrate when notified.  With these options, I am getting the Basic vibrate (one long vibrate) instead of heartbeat - this happens both when the phone has sound on, as well as when it is in vibrate mode.

Am I missing something very simple?  Or is this actually an issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 'Device Vibration'

I sort of have the same problem. It only works when I get a phone call but when I get a text message, it uses the Basic Call vibration.

In my case, I selected Heartbeat. My phone only vibrates Heartbeat when I get a call but when I get a txt message  the Basica Call vibrate instead. I would like to get the Heartbeat vibrate when I get a txt messages as well. I too feel like I'm missing a step or something.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  Messaging has its own settings for notifications and when to vibrate.  There is not a setting for which vibration style to use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You may have to download a messaging app that allows you to customize messaging vibrations. I have handcent so I can give certain people certain vibration patterns and certain LED colors as well. (:

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat