cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 'Device Vibration'

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3 'Device Vibration'

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with my phone, or if it is an S3 issue...

I received my 16gb model on Thursday, and things are great so far.  However, for some reason I cannot get the device vibration setting to do anything besides 'basic call' even when I change it to ther others.  The way to change vibrate settings seem a little strange.

I know that there are the global sound settings, and then the internal Messaging settings (which I am most concerned about).  For example, in the global sound settings, I have Heartbeat enabled, and also Sound and Vibration checked off.  In the internal messaging settings, I have Vibrate -> Always vibrate when notified.  With these options, I am getting the Basic vibrate (one long vibrate) instead of heartbeat - this happens both when the phone has sound on, as well as when it is in vibrate mode.

Am I missing something very simple?  Or is this actually an issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 'Device Vibration'

I sort of have the same problem. It only works when I get a phone call but when I get a text message, it uses the Basic Call vibration.

In my case, I selected Heartbeat. My phone only vibrates Heartbeat when I get a call but when I get a txt message  the Basica Call vibrate instead. I would like to get the Heartbeat vibrate when I get a txt messages as well. I too feel like I'm missing a step or something.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  Messaging has its own settings for notifications and when to vibrate.  There is not a setting for which vibration style to use.

Journeyman

You may have to download a messaging app that allows you to customize messaging vibrations. I have handcent so I can give certain people certain vibration patterns and certain LED colors as well. (:

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat