cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Group Text

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 Group Text

Thanks for the tip but i was looking for an app that didn't need to be installed on everyone elses phone. Turns out the people i needed to group text with all have viber, so i'm using that for now. Kinda shocking that Sprint and Samsung can't come up with a solution for this. Anyway...thanks for your help

Journeyman

I just updated Hangouts, which was preloaded as Google Talk originally on my S3 and it works perfectly, particularly with the group text function. Now I just have to see how it works with texts containing over 150 characters.

Journeyman

The 4.3 update has group text functionality in the native messaging app.

Journeyman

Upgraded to 4.3 and group texting is still not working.

Journeyman

hmmmmm. maybe try restarting your phone? The only issue I have is that the emojis sometimes lock up and or lag for a moment or two. But group texts have been working, but then again, I have only done group texts with iPhone users. The other thing I noticed that I was able to receive a single text of 150 plus characters from iPhone users. large texts from another S3 user came in multiple texts.

Journeyman

My group text has been working fine with both iPhone and Droid users, some even on Verizon.  Up until recently I had a work phone S3 that was through Verizon.  The only thing I would like to see Sprint do now that was in the Verizon native app is there were 2 tabs where while in a group conversation you could change to send a message to a single person without having to back out and start a separate conversation.  Not a big deal, but it was pretty nice.  Sorry to hear yours is not working. 

Overall I have no big complaints with 4.3.  Battery life is markedly improved for me.  Only issue is that after the upgrade when I would leave home and the optimizer would switch from wifi to the Sprint network, I would get a big time battery drain.  I switched off the connections optimizer and it seems to have cured the issue.

Journeyman

not to get off topic here, but how did you get a 4.3 update? my firmware is 4.1.2 and when I go to update, it states no firmware update is available? Do you have an S3? I wonder if they are rolling out to certain areas first.

GrandMaster

it goes by serial number..the latest update started rolling out last month on the 22nd i believe..it takes a few weeks usually before it has hit everyone..randomly restart your phone (in areas that you have access to wifi) and then recheck to see if the update has been located.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

great, thank you.

Journeyman

I downloaded via Kies last Thursday.

Journeyman

I just did the same, thanks for the tip.

Journeyman

This is absolutely horrible! Before the update group texting was fine. It needs to be fixed or let us out of our contracts. Along with this issue, I am also unable to receive pictures that are text to me this is extremely aggravating:. What is the issue and why can't it be fixed?

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!