cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1

Journeyman

Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1

Does anyone know when Sprint S3 users will finally get the update to 4.2.1? I tried to use the old trick with the Google Services Framework to force the OTA update, but have had no luck.

22 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1

What's in 4.2.1 that we don't already have in the latest version of code?!?

Journeyman

The famous Sprint silent treatment! Why not respond with what they know?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

chskas wrote:

The famous Sprint silent treatment! Why not respond with what they know?

for the same reason they wont kick out any info on the LTE deployment. to many things can delay it and once again make them out to be liars.. for what its worth you will usually hear about any updates coming out to a specific phone through either XDA developers or some other 3rd party site before you hear it from sprint. if you look at most of the phones to date an update comes out roughly 4-6 months after the last update..more towards the 6+ though depending on what they run into and how many times it has to be sent back for fixes and whatnot

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The current update is 4.1.2 and 4.2 has not been released. No carriers, even Apple ever reveal when an update is coming due to the problems of scheduling. I have an S3 and I there hasn't been anything on the updates that are anything to get excited about.

Journeyman

No one will ever say when an update is coming because all it will do is angry those who want the update. I go back to the HTC Hero days and Sprint said "spring" for an update. The board were filled with rants in March that "spring" is here, we should get the update, I hate Sprint, lets boycott, and the hate when on and on. Sprint finally tweeted an update the month which made it worse. So, I'm sure the policy from now on is say nothing, your much safer that way.

GrandMaster

Frankula wrote:

The current update is 4.1.2 and 4.2 has not been released. No carriers, even Apple ever reveal when an update is coming due to the problems of scheduling. I have an S3 and I there hasn't been anything on the updates that are anything to get excited about.

isnt that what i said? lol

only time ANY info will kick out is if someone like XDA gets a leaked update and posts about them messing with it or testing it...thats about it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

Frankula wrote:

isnt that what i said? lol

only time ANY info will kick out is if someone like XDA gets a leaked update and posts about them messing with it or testing it...thats about it.

I'm like Samsung, I took a good idea ant patented it. Its mine now, you will have to pay me royalties if you mention anything about an update. You will be receiving a summons soon to cease and desist.

Journeyman

Asking about an update are like the kids in the back seat of the car on vacation.

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"When are we getting the update?"

QUIET!!!!

GrandMaster

you should patent something worthwhile and of use lol. easier way to transfer app data from one phone to another..etc...something that can be of major use for many with one goal in mind..to make things easier

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.