cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 battery life is now super short

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3 battery life is now super short

I've had my S3 since it was released and normally got about 30+ hours off of the battery with my normal usage where I listen to a lot of audio books, a few calls, possibly some web browsing, possibly taking pictures. I've always had a problem when updating contacts on the phone thus I normally updated them on my PC and sync with MyPhoneExplorer. The issue I have with updating contacts on my phone is that after making an update and saving it the contact disappears. Finally I broke down and went into the Sprint store. The tech took a look at my phone, his fingers were flying faster than I could see as he check things and made some changes which he did not tell me about. I explained the issue in detail and also stated that I did NOT use Google Sync because it created numerous issues for me. After he played with my phone for about 20 minutes he stated that he had never heard of my issue and could not see anything that might account for the issue and returned my phone to me. When I arrived home and connected the phone to my windows PC and MyPhoneExplorer started to sync the phone it reported that it was about to delete about 900 of my contacts. I then used the option to force my Outlook directory to the phone and then realized that the Sprint Tech had turned on Google Sync which I then turned off. Since the visit to the Sprint store my battery life is only about 10 hours at best and I cannot determine what the tech turned on or what is draining my battery. I have extra batteries thus I swapped it out (I did this with a second battery as well) and had the same poor results. I checked all of my settings against my wife's phone and my sister's phone and I don't see anything that would raise a red flag. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 battery life is now super short

jgt1942c

Thank you for posting your concern with us. That is odd that your device is discharging at a faster rate than before. You mentioned that the settings match the other devices, which are the same model? Do you happen to know if your power saving mode is turned on? When you charge the device is it getting a full charge? Do you notice any slack between the charge cord and the device port? Under your battery setting, do you have any particular app that maybe using more power than expected?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

My Gaazy s3 is doing the same thing, i check the battery setting nothing running over 2%, power saving mode is off, and when i charge it is 100% full and about 1 1/2 hour it is almost dead, i listin to lots of audible books and browse internet.... i pretty much have to keep it plugged in to charge more then 5 times during 1 work day.  I was told to spin the battery on the table and if it goes fast and smooth from both sides battery is dead. well it is not fast but some what smooth not like on bearings. but then one side islike it is on bearings.  what is the problem?  Help

Mousé Kutza

Journeyman

I was taking video of my son's game and it turned off all of sudden, when I turned it back on it said battery critically low and it turned off.  I plugged it into my car charger and it showed 60% battery charged right away within seconds, this is my replacement phone #2 since beginning of January 2014.  Not happy with Sprint overall..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat