Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 data issues

10 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Galaxy S3 data issues

DahiliaWatkins,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  To perform a factory data reset of the Galaxy S3, simply go to Settings>Backup & reset> Factory data reset . Note:  This will erase all non backed up content on your device.  Please ensure to follow the backup options above to ensure you will not lose your information.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

How do you reset the galxays3

help me please I've tried everything

Wizard

bokheekim,

I'm glad you were able to help your services by placing your device in CDMA only.  The reason that this helps is due to switching between antenna.  If you have LTE mode enabled and your device is in a weak LTE coverage area, this will cause the connection to constantly swap between the two antennas.  This will always cause a delay in data services while swapping between services.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

we have similar issues with 3G network and we put the phones on CDMA only option and we dont have the 3G cutting off anymore.

Journeyman

Yeah, I was afraid of that.  I just don't know how they would test the data signal issues in store.  But we will see.

Journeyman

Sounds like a trip to the sprint store is in order..

Journeyman

IAmSixNine, I update my PRL/Profile almost weekly.  It sucks having to do that, but I am hoping that one day it will actually make a difference.

Journeyman

Thanks Rick, but my phone was defaulted to CDMA when I bought it.  I have gone back and forth from CDMA/LTE and CDMA just to see if that would do anything and it doesn't.  There is no LTE in my area.

Journeyman

Follow that up with a Profile update then a PRL update.

Settings > System Update > Update Profile

Ive heard of similar issues on the EVO LTE but not on the GS3.

I would be a good idea to go into settings an check CDMA if you are not in an LTE area ( Settings>More Settings>CDMA ). It can't hurt to try anyway's, Rick